SAWSTOP: Tripped the Brake Cartridge: UPDATE
Tom,  I fired my SS twice.  The first time the blade was damaged.  The second time ,  different blade, the blade was fine. I was cutting a rabbit, and as the blade was coasting down I was retrieving a piece and the blade hit my finger.  The sound was loud, but not unbearably so, and definitely proved the worth of the saw -  a second of not paying attention could have been a trip to the emergency room instead of just pulling out an extra cartridge.
Sounds no louder than a balloon pop. Definitely muted if you have a DC on.

You guys watch the high speed video of the dado cart firing on a stack and the teeth coming off the blades ahead of the brake at the sudden stop?

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

https://youtu.be/SYLAi4jwXcs

That's incredible--welds failing and the carbide teeth coming off. Holy cow!

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
(07-24-2020, 06:37 AM)shoottmx Wrote: That's incredible--welds failing and the carbide teeth coming off. Holy cow!

g

Carbide teeth are brazed on. Brazing just melts a filler material that occupies the space between the tooth and blade. 
Brazing is less strong than welding.

Welding melts the base metals and they are fused together often with filler metal added. If done correctly the welded joint is stronger than the base metals.

The brazed joints failing is still VERY impressive!

Great video Mike - thanks for sharing!

Doug
I just tripped my Sawstop the other day. I never use a miter guage on the Sawstop because I have a fancy Dewalt miter saw. I was not thinking and I pushed the Osborne EB3 right into the blade on the SS. It only made a thud and I said Oh crap. It left the very very slightest nick on the Osborne. I use Forrest WWII blades and this is the 2nd time I have tripped that blade. I tripped it on my other Sawstop when cutting foil backed insulation board glued to plywood. I sent that blade back to Forrest and they fixed the 2 teeth that got jammed into the brake and they sharpened it as well. I did not lose any teeth on this tripped blade. I may send the blade again back to Forrest but after reading the other posts I’m debating on that.