Steel Door Trim
(08-12-2020, 06:03 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: Common problem, especially if it's in direct sunlight. Usually those steel doors have a disclaimer in the warranty stating that the warranty is void if a non vented storm door is used.

I'd replace it with wood.

Usually those plastic trim pieces are part of the glass frame. So they really don't come out. They're screwed on from the inside. Probably plugs in the screw holes.

You need a vented storm door over a wood house door if it gets any direct sun on it.  I learned about vented storm doors and heat blocking glass film when the panels in a door I built split in about a month.  I repaired the door and then upgraded the storm door the homeowner wouldn't let me remove and it's been fine for the past two years.  

John
Mine has exposed screws on the inside. Same trim inside as whats outside.
Mine is cracked/broken. I snagged a like new door with the same trim for 5 bucks. Need to get-it-changed
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(08-12-2020, 11:43 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Mine has exposed screws on the inside. Same trim inside as whats outside.
Mine is cracked/broken. I snagged a like new door with the same trim for 5 bucks. Need to get-it-changed

If you are able to identify the manufacturer you might be able to order replacement trim directly from them.  Of course it will be no better than the existing trim, but installation should be a breeze.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.