Sliders stuck
These vertical sliders will hold tools. But they get stuck, because the plywood panels keeps warping. Never thought plywood warps.

Every day I mill out the wooden wheel channels (bottom, and top) and they get better, to only get worse over night. I'm chasing my tail.

Anyone got a remedy?

Attached Files Image(s)

Are there actually wheels involved?
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Modify the plywood. Edge it with solid wood.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
Replace them with plywood that is stable.
Maybe remake the channels out of one of the slick plastics???? That should allow even a tight fitting (warped) panel slide out (I think). Otherwise I would try to find some good baltic birch and use it.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(12-04-2020, 09:17 PM)iclark Wrote: Are there actually wheels involved?

yes. you can see them on the front, bottom. they're also on the top, seen but less visible.
Sometimes they can get stuck when the panels are too small.  Like when you don't pull it out straight.  Are you sure that's not the case here?
(12-05-2020, 11:09 AM)rschissler Wrote: Sometimes they can get stuck when the panels are too small.  Like when you don't pull it out straight.  Are you sure that's not the case here?

no. the sliders can often get stuck immediately as you try pulling them out. and we put wheels far enough forward to prevent the slider's tops from hitting the roof of the cabinet when pulled out.
in fact they slide well for a while when we open the channels.
Will they flip over? Put bow up for a while?
Just to see if they will flatten out
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(12-04-2020, 08:30 PM)brookbend Wrote: These vertical sliders will hold tools. But they get stuck, because the plywood panels keeps warping. Never thought plywood warps.

If you are already having trouble with them sliding now, have you considered that the problem may be exasperated when the panels are loaded with heavy tools? Perhaps doubling up the sliders may help?