How would legs like this be joined?
I routinely drive small brads in the surfaces to be glued and then trim the heads so about 1/8" to  1/16" is remaining.  That is enough to keep the pieces from sliding as I clamp it.  A minimum of two (but frequently four) of these brads will do the trick.

The nails are always hidden and are not part of the joinery, so purists should not be offended by this practice.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Couldn't the legs be glued to the sides before the cabinet is assembled?  I'm curious if wood movement of the sides is an issue.

( edit ) Maybe it isn't a rail on the bottom between the legs, but simply edge banding/veneer on the ends of the cabinet bottom.
(12-29-2020, 02:10 PM)steveG Wrote: Couldn't the legs be glued to the sides before the cabinet is assembled?  I'm curious if wood movement of the sides is an issue.

( edit ) Maybe it isn't a rail on the bottom between the legs, but simply edge banding/veneer on the ends of the cabinet bottom.

Shop sawn veneer, not solid wood. Confirmed in the description. A technique CVS uses a lot.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site