What's Up With Woodnet Speed
Thank you for your efforts, at least we know someone is trying to address the issue. Much appreciated!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(01-06-2021, 06:10 AM)fredhargis Wrote: Thank you for your efforts, at least we know someone is trying to address the issue. Much appreciated!

+1
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

(01-05-2021, 05:30 PM)sysadmin Wrote: Not sure what the issue here is.  I've tried restarting the server, but that only seemed to work temporarily.  I also found out that the mail client that we had been using for SMTP had disabled our account because we had been sending a lot of thread subscription emails, and some of the people who received them must have marked them as spam.  I thought that the speed of the site might be tied to it waiting for requests to timeout for every email it tried to send, but I have since disabled email notifications for everyone, and it still seems slow.  I looked at our GA account, and the amount of traffic seems slightly high, but not that much higher than usual.  I've looked at the processes that are running on the server and in the database, and everything seems pretty normal.  I'll keep poking around a bit and see if I can find the cause. Or maybe it will just resolve itself in a few days.

thanks, as of now it seems to be working well, so let's keep our fingers crossed.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
My forum subscriptions also disappeared, and there's no longer a button to subscribe.  Only to subscribe to individual threads.  Nutz.  
Sad
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
It appears to be 'fixed' at this point.

Thank you!
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
(01-08-2021, 12:21 AM)MarkSingleton Wrote: It appears to be 'fixed' at this point.

Thank you!

Not this afternoon, seems to be an up and down thing.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
It's definitely a lot better today; seems pretty much back to normal.  Hope I didn't jinx whatever fix was done.  

John
(01-09-2021, 10:10 AM)jteneyck Wrote: It's definitely a lot better today; seems pretty much back to normal.  Hope I didn't jinx whatever fix was done.  

John

Yup.  You didn't, and this reminds me of a discussion I had with an IT guy at work when our unit's server was acting up and he tried every thing he could think of to resolve it, then it just resolved; he attributed it to "Leprechauns in the server making mischief"  . . . . his last name was O'Sullivan . . . .
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(01-06-2021, 08:24 AM)TDKPE Wrote: My forum subscriptions also disappeared, and there's no longer a button to subscribe.  Only to subscribe to individual threads.  Nutz.  
Sad

Yea........ck your pm's.
Laugh
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(01-13-2021, 12:41 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Yea........ck your pm's.
Laugh

I don't get it - I don't have any PM's.  Haven't had any in a while.  
Confused
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"