Turning Custom Screwdrivers - Survey
(01-03-2017, 11:43 PM)Gregory of Sherwood Forest Wrote: Dave, I have thousands of board feet in 1/8", 1/4", and 1/2" in exotics and domestics. Text or call me and let me know what you want.

-G

Greg

There is no excuse for that flagrant way of throwing all that in our faces.  So I am going to come down there and relive you of the stash.
Laugh
Big Grin
Big Grin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.

Laugh
Laugh

Sorry, that wasn't my intent, Arlin. Tell you what, if you ever make it down to the Kansas City area, give me a buzz and I'll fill up a couple boxes for you to take home.

Actually, we just received our travel schedule for my son's MRL soccer, and we'll be coming up to Muscatine in early May. If you want to meet me in that area, I'll bring you some and we'll get together for a meal. Bring that wonderful wife of yours so my wife and kids won't get bored with our talk of our military service and woodworking.
Cool
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Where is Muscatine at?

The first thing I will do before I ever go to KC is contact everyone so we can get together.  My wife goes there to all the time to meet my daughter who lives in St Louis to either pick up grandkids or bring them back to her.  Right now we still have two of the granddaughters in the house and my wife and younger daughter will meet them in KC Friday or Saturday and no she will not let me go, but I will try to convince her.
Yes

That will be the second longest trip for me since I got hurt.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Muscatine is eastern Iowa. About 30-45 minutes from you. Just southeast, I think, near the border.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
I have a lot of copper couplings I use for ferrels- cut to fit tight. Then press it on.

I drill the hole centered on the lathe then use the shop press to insert the shaft. A little bees wax helps it slide in. Never had one fail.
Bumping an old thread....

Anyone have a source for high-quality screwdriver blades?  it does not appear as though Lee Valley still offers their lifetime screwdrivers without handles.
You are frequently puzzled by things you tell us you fully understand. - Bob10 to EH 9/22/16

Too much has been made out of my mostly idle comments  - Cletus 12/9/15

You sound like one of those survivalist, hoarder, tin foil hat, militia, clinger, wackjobs.  - Fear Monger 1/30/13
FireWood, this does not answer your question on a source for "quality" screwdriver blades.  But I have given away many of the 6-n-1 screw drivers using the Harbor Freight set.  Most I got free with a coupon.  I use brass compression fittings and they turn out looking great!!!!!!!!!  If I do say so myself.

For QUALITY screw drivers I only use Klein; but I would have a hard time destroying their handle to turn a wooden one.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
(01-12-2021, 11:07 AM)FireWood Wrote: Bumping an old thread....

Anyone have a source for high-quality screwdriver blades?  it does not appear as though Lee Valley still offers their lifetime screwdrivers without handles.

Only source I know of at the moment is Snap-On.
Find you a dealer and see what he has on his truck. Not sure of the prices as I've never bought just the blade. I've had them warrantied numerous times.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I also use the Harbor Freight 6 in one. people said they would hold up, But they do. been using them for at least 10 years . and they were free
Cool
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
(01-12-2021, 05:47 PM)Bill Holt Wrote: FireWood, this does not answer your question on a source for "quality" screwdriver blades.  But I have given away many of the 6-n-1 screw drivers using the Harbor Freight set.  Most I got free with a coupon.  I use brass compression fittings and they turn out looking great!!!!!!!!!  If I do say so myself.

For QUALITY screw drivers I only use Klein; but I would have a hard time destroying their handle to turn a wooden one.

Yes, I'm a fan of Klein as well.  I'd like to make a set of similar quality - there's times you just don't want to use a 6-n-1.
You are frequently puzzled by things you tell us you fully understand. - Bob10 to EH 9/22/16

Too much has been made out of my mostly idle comments  - Cletus 12/9/15

You sound like one of those survivalist, hoarder, tin foil hat, militia, clinger, wackjobs.  - Fear Monger 1/30/13