Hung Kitchen Cabinets too Low!
[attachment=34230]Argh.  I few months ago I hung new ikea cabinets.  All was good until I replaced my vinyl tile floor with 1/4” slate.  Now, when I open the cabinet over the fridge, the door hits the bracket of the fridge door.  I can push the door up a bit to clear the bracket, but I’m worried I’m going to ruin the hinges. They’re euro hinges, but I’ve adjusted them all I can.  And the fridge is lowered as far as it goes.  

Any thoughts here?   I considered taking down all the cabinets and rehanging them 1/2” higher.  But that will screw up the tile backsplash, which goes up to the bottom of the cabinets.  I could also just grind out the tile under the fridge, but I figure I’d end up with a very uneven floor due to the mortar.

Are there floor adjustment legs under the fridge?
Matt

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
-Jack Handy

Already as low as it can go.

Can you shave the bottom of the door?
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
How about cutting some off the top of the door and then raising it the same amount. Reason is that you won't see the top, where you will see the bottom. Provided it isn't damaged as it might appear in the picture.
I wouldn't hesitate taking that cabinet down and making it 1" shorter. From the photo it looks like it's 24" deep and one side is against the wall. If I'm correct, that would leave only the top right where fasteners couldn't be left exposed. Pocket screws on top or a cleat on the inside would work there.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
This is pretty common. Usually the door has to be trimmed or the hinges moved up or the bottom of the cabinet has to be trimmed. I've seen cases where the wood or tile flooring needs to be removed under the fridge and a thinner plywood is installed so the step isn't as drastic.

I remodeled our kitchen recently and installed 3/4" hardwood floors. The cabinet above the fridge butts up to a bulkhead and I bought the shortest cabinet available (12" iirc) I had to trim 1/2" off the bottom of the cabinet and move the doors up.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

Unfortunately, I don't have any real tools at my disposal.  They're idea cabinets, so I can't easily raise the hinge placement or trim the size of the cabinet.  I may be able to get my building Super to cut 1/4" off the bottom of the door, but then the bottom edges will have to be softened, which will screw up the finish, etc.

Another option is to raise the cabinet over the fridge by 1/2" -- which wouldn't affect the visible backsplash.  But, of course, that leads to other issues given that it's hung on a single rail with the other cabinets.  I'd have to cut the rail.  It's certainly possible, but a hassle.

Let’s see an overall picture of the kitchen
Change the fridge hinge to the other side