Sliding miter saw or MFT?
I have stopped using my 10" slider since I got my Delta RAS. Longer crosscut capacity and can be used for dado's. Better table to support the board being cut,especially since building the Mr Sawdust table for it.
MKM - Master Kindling Maker
MFT is going to be more accurate doing crosscuts than an SMS.

But can't totally replace.
(05-31-2021, 09:44 AM)Bit_Fiddler Wrote: I have stopped using my 10" slider since I got my Delta RAS.   Longer crosscut capacity and can be used for dado's.   Better table to support the board being cut,especially since building the Mr Sawdust table for it.

I'm sure your Delta is of better quality than my almost-new-when purchased Craftsman saw, but the advantages are similar.  Negative hook blades are harder to find though.

I recently added the Fastcap zero clearance tape to my  DeWalt 12" chop saw.  It installed in seconds and works perfectly.  I doubt it will survive the first tilt cut though.  I don't do much of that anyhow. 

The kit comes with 5 strips.  I don't know how long the strips will last.  But it works well and is very convenient.  Just $11.00 on Amazon.com.  Recommended.  I can offer some installation tips if anyone decides to buy this.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C68GTVK?psc...ct_details
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(06-01-2021, 11:54 AM)Cooler Wrote: I recently added the Fastcap zero clearance tape to my  DeWalt 12" chop saw.  It installed in seconds and works perfectly.  I doubt it will survive the first tilt cut though.  I don't do much of that anyhow. 

They hold up well, regardless of the angle of cuts. After 6.5 years, the first pack is still not used up.

Simon