Garage door seal
I need to replace my 16 foot wide seal. 
I'd like to think that it's a simple matter of sliding out the old and sliding in the new. 
I am a realist however and based on the little I've read I think there's more to it. 
Any and all tips and tricks will be greatly appreciated!
Several different kinds depending on brand. Need more info or a picture in order to give free advice. remember free is somtimes all it's worth
Thanks.
Understand "free advice" Still appreciate all of it!
Aluminum 2 inches wide.

Attached Files Image(s)

I've done it twice, and while it was straightforward...it wasn't easy. The first 5-6 feet went well, but after that it was a royal battle to slide the new one in place. Worse, it stretched some when it was being installed and then pulled back several inches after a while ( maybe an hour or two). Luckily I hadn't cut off the excess yet, so I pulled some more. If someone has some suggestions I'll be interested to hear (read) them. I tried using some silicone spray lube and it didn't seem to help all that much.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
rub it down with Dawn dish soap, it will slide in much easier.
Yep dish soap or Vasaline or baby oil will all help a lot
WD-40 also helps the slide. I was able to find just the rubber seal. Cutting small bevels on the end that is slid into the track helps.
(06-16-2021, 08:59 PM)K. L. McReynolds Wrote: WD-40 also helps the slide. I was able to find just the rubber seal. Cutting small bevels on the end that is slid into the track helps.

That's an important point...the sharp edges of that aluminum bites into the seal and really expands your use of colorful language.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Mine looks like the one pictured. Ugh. I have 3 to replace.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Be careful if ordering online.
Rodents chewed a big hole in my door seal last fall.
I searched online, found one that matched perfectly, according to their drawing.
Ordered it, tried to put it in, and it fell out, faster then I could slide it in.
Frustrated, I measured it-it was almost 20 thousandths smaller then the drawing they showed on the website.
No way would it ever stay in the groove.
30 day return policy-no answer when I tried several times, to call.
No reply to several emails.
Almost 40$, wasted.
I called the local Overhead Door, out of frustration, and the installed a new seal and bracket, the next morning, 130$ total, and I didn't have to do anything but watch.