Liebherr CS 2060 Fridge Water Valve/Ice Maker Issue
Greetings.  I just moved into a house that has a Liebherr CS 2060 fridge.  When we got in, the ice maker wasn't working.  The error code said water wasn't getting to the machine.  
Then, someone pulled open the freezer drawer, and because the slides are so wonky, the drawer shifted a bit and the ice maker shut off lever got caught and broke off.  
Repair guy said that a new ice maker, delivered and installed, would cost about $1,000.  However, he said that the broken shut off lever shouldn't stop the ice maker from working.  His suggestion was to replace the water valve.

I've confirmed that there is water coming to the valve.  Is there an easy way to diagnose whether water it getting into the ice maker unit itself and whether there's a clog or ice or something?  Ive never dealt with a fridge that I couldn't just pull away from the wall.
and I'm worried that I'll just make everything worse if I start taking this apart without a plan.

I can't find any Liebherr repair videos on the Youtubes.  

Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

(11-08-2021, 01:03 PM)David Stone Wrote: I've confirmed that there is water coming to the valve.  Is there an easy way to diagnose whether water it getting into the ice maker unit itself and whether there's a clog or ice or something?  Ive never dealt with a fridge that I couldn't just pull away from the wall.
and I'm worried that I'll just make everything worse if I start taking this apart without a plan.

I can't find any Liebherr repair videos on the Youtubes.  

Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

You’ve got a built in (semi really ) fridge.  You don’t just pull it away from the wall.  You’ll have to remove the toekick and lower the unit until it engages its wheels to then roll forward.  I don’t think removing it from the opening is going to do much for you though. Nothing is serviceable from the rear. 

Waste of time searching you tube for repair vids. Those units didn’t  sell in large numbers and the buyers aren’t really DIY types.  

If you want to know of it’s a ice block, transfer the contents to another fridge or coolers and turn the unit off for a couple of hours with the drawer open. 

A grand seems pretty steep for an ice maker r&r but, I don’t know how many hours it takes on that Liebherr or the particulars of your market.  It’s prob. about right if you’re in a Manhattan co-op. 

https://assets.ajmadison.com/ajmadison/i...nstall.pdf
Thanks. I’m going to try to tackle this today.

Success! I couldn’t do the valve because I’d have to pull out the fridge. But I replaced the ice maker and now it works.