David Charlesworth - died May 22
Looks like some entrepreneur is trying to capitalize on this news.

David Charlesworth's Furniture-Making Techniques: A Guide to Hand Tools and Methods Paperback – February 1, 2007
they're only asking for $399.50...  
Confused

You can get it for like 44 bucks in other places. I guess this guy's hoping that certain people only search/buy on Amazon.
(06-13-2022, 12:56 PM)Ricky Wrote: Looks like some entrepreneur is trying to capitalize on this news.

David Charlesworth's Furniture-Making Techniques: A Guide to Hand Tools and Methods Paperback – February 1, 2007
they're only asking for $399.50...  
Confused

You can get it for like 44 bucks in other places. I guess this guy's hoping that certain people only search/buy on Amazon.

Yes, it is much cheaper at Abebooks.

Simon
The Charlesworth "tribute" issue didn't disappoint me. Unlike the other "handtool" magazine, it doesn't pretend that handtool woodworking means using hand tools only.

Simon
I built this drawer in memory of David Charlesworth …

[Image: Drawer-for-DC.jpg]

I was in the middle of another project when Nick Gibbs, editor of Quercus Magazine, asked for an article on David. I wrote two. As did a number of other woodworkers. All in the current edition ...

[Image: 7-B601-C28-2589-4611-9-E8-B-19-F866-D0-A83-D.jpg]

https://quercusmagazine.com/

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com