Formby's Build Up Remover
A non-woodworking friend is asking about using Formby's Build Up Remover on his 15 year old custom built cherry cabinets.  Any thoughts?  I told him to make sure it does not contain silicone.  Any other things I should have him check?  He says they have never really cleaned them with anything before.  Well off married couple with no kids so I think the cabinets have seen VERY light use.
(06-20-2022, 09:56 AM)BrentDH Wrote: A non-woodworking friend is asking about using Formby's Build Up Remover on his 15 year old custom built cherry cabinets.  Any thoughts?  I told him to make sure it does not contain silicone.  Any other things I should have him check?  He says they have never really cleaned them with anything before.  Well off married couple with no kids so I think the cabinets have seen VERY light use.

Have him check in an unseen spot to make sure it doesn't hurt the finish.  Frankly, I've never needed anything more than mineral spirits and Murphy's Oil Soap and now Dawn dish detergent in warm water to clean furniture/cabinets.   

John