Looking for a jigsaw
What says the brain trust here? I have what was known to be a very good Bosch corded version from close to 30 years ago. It's the D handled version that needs a long slender screwdriver to remove/replace the "bayonet" blades. 
I am r e a l l y tired of the blade's tendency to wander as well as not stay plumb while cutting...Maybe operator error?
It's not a tool that gets a lot of use, but I am officially done with fixing the end result after using it...
Thoughts/suggestions on a decent model (corded is fine) and not looking to break the bank...I would prefer one that makes use of the Bosch bayonet blades I still have...
TIA
(07-06-2022, 02:21 PM)brianwelch Wrote: ....
I am r e a l l y tired of the blade's tendency to wander as well as not stay plumb while cutting...Maybe operator error?

I finally figured that one out... if you are talking about cutting curves. It is because you have to PIVOT the saw on the blades axis or center-line of the blade.  We tend to shove the saw rather than spin in on the blade and we push the blade trying to cut curves and bend it.  Once I figured out what I was doing it took a while but my cuts are MUCH better.

As for brands I can only speak to my Bosch. Probably 5 years old now with lots of hours on it.  Very happy with mine. I found the higher end saw was far
I have found how much a boat is used is inversely related to how much it weighs.

Kudzu Craft Lightweight kayaks

(07-06-2022, 06:40 PM)Kudzu Wrote: I finally figured that one out... if you are talking about cutting curves. It is because you have to PIVOT the saw on the blades axis or center-line of the blade.  We tend to shove the saw rather than spin in on the blade and we push the blade trying to cut curves and bend it.  Once I figured out what I was doing it took a while but my cuts are MUCH better.

As for brands I can only speak to my Bosch. Probably 5 years old now with lots of hours on it.  Very happy with mine. I found the higher end saw was far

Brian,  I bought one of the early  "tool free "  bosch jigsaws-  there is a knob at the top you have to turn multiple times to lock the blade -  pretty much a pain, IMO.  I then picked up a ridig cordless -  not as light or as smooth as the Bosch,  but it is a very easy tool free blade change, uses the bayonet blade, and since I don't use a jigsaw often, having it cordless is a huge plus.
I have on older model Bosch that takes a screwdriver down the hole to tighten the blade. Kind of a PITA, but its the best jigsaw I own. The other are a Gold edition Bosch and a DeWalt.

Had to do over, I would get a cordless Bosch barrel grip and be done with it.
(07-07-2022, 09:04 AM)rwe2156 Wrote: I have on older model Bosch that takes a screwdriver down the hole to tighten the blade. Kind of a PITA, but its the best jigsaw I own.  The other are a Gold edition Bosch and a DeWalt.

Had to do over, I would get a cordless Bosch barrel grip and be done with it.

This is the one I have...I wonder if there is something I am overlooking...As I do have several Ryobi 18V tools, I am considering that route, but if I can get the Bosch to work as it should, why throw money away?
Thanks to all for suggestions and comments...
I have an older corded Bosch, that you have to turn the top handle about 3 times to get it to release and visa sera to tighten. It doesn't see much action anymore. I bought a Masterforce. Battery drill a while back and then I bought their scroll saw to go along with . Takes the same battery. I love it , Just pull the lever and out it comes. I prefer using the scroll saw to brake down wood from the saw mill over their battery operated circular saw. I do prefer using Bosch blades that have ground when sharpening.

I also have a Saws All which is a one handed blade change but I also got a Masterforce battery operated on for Menards which I much prefer.

I am assuming that you have a battery operated hand drill and I would recommend that you check out their bare tool selection and go with it.  Stay with the same battery. And last but not leas use the best blades you can get our hands in it make all the difference in the world.

Tom
Bosch is still the sweet spot for quality & features (value) in the jigsaw arena. 

Blade changes are via a quick change lever like practically every other jigsaw today. 

If you want the best - Mafell - it will break most banks and only comes in a barrel grip variant.
(07-06-2022, 02:21 PM)brianwelch Wrote: What says the brain trust here? I have what was known to be a very good Bosch corded version from close to 30 years ago. It's the D handled version that needs a long slender screwdriver to remove/replace the "bayonet" blades. 
It's not a tool that gets a lot of use, but I am officially done with fixing the end result after using it...
Thoughts/suggestions on a decent model (corded is fine) and not looking to break the bank...I would prefer one that makes use of the Bosch bayonet blades I still have...
TIA

Festool Carvex   ,  Mafell -  they are top of the line, easy blade change, various controls, great dust collection, LED lights
Festool use Bonet blades

I moved from Old Bosch just like yours to Festool Carvex and I am happy.
(07-07-2022, 06:05 PM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: Bosch is still the sweet spot for quality & features (value) in the jigsaw arena. 

Blade changes are via a quick change lever like practically every other jigsaw today. 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Have had the D-handle corded version of this one for years. Does everything I need. Lots of Bosch tools; never disappointed.

Doug
(07-07-2022, 11:00 PM)Tapper Wrote: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Have had the D-handle corded version of this one for years. Does everything I need. Lots of Bosch tools; never disappointed.

Doug

I have a Metabo that has served me well. It might not be as good of a deal as the Bosch.
1st class birdhouse builder/scrapwood mfg.