Sad day.
With every move something bad happens. I found this today. It was in a box for three weeks outside. Somehow I missed this and when I found it today I needed a moment for recovery.

Attached Files Image(s)

"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
VERY sad day. Sorry
(07-20-2022, 09:32 PM)R Foley 77 Wrote: VERY sad day. Sorry

Wow,  sorry to hear about it.  I think it will clean up a bit, but of course, it will never be the same.
Ouch! Good thing is you found it. It doesn't look like there's enough damage to where you can't restore it. I'd remove the handle and shoot it with a baking soda solution to remove the mold, then sand and refinish it. Tons of resources out there on removing rust. No etching to worry about saving! Hopefully you will end up with a serviceable saw.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I've seen worse.

The handle will nee a sanding and maybe a retinting. Don't know about Thomas finish. Laquer?
I'd use TruOil.

When restoring a blade, I do not start with the coarsest sanding medium but with the finest. I'd try to see how fare I get with autosol applied with some aluminium foil. If that doesn't help, my next try would be sandpaper grain 800 or 600.

Cheers
Pedder
Looks like I need a special screwdriver. LN sells them but goodness they are$50. Oh well...
Wierd thing was it by far the most damaged. The other saws will wipe down nicely I think. My best saw though....uggh
(07-21-2022, 09:50 AM)Scott W Wrote: Looks like I need a special screwdriver. LN sells them but goodness they are$50. Oh well...

You can make your own from a flat drill bit wit a file easily.

See my blog 2009:
https://pedder-altedamenauskiel.blogspot...river.html
(07-21-2022, 10:17 AM)Pedder Wrote: You can make your own from a flat drill bit wit a file easily.

See my blog 2009:
https://pedder-altedamenauskiel.blogspot...river.html

Wow, very ingenious. Thanks for posting.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
You didn't tell us the rest of the story? Who delivered it, and were you notified? I wish the delivery services would at least ring the door bell when delivering (and our UPS person will). I don't expect them to wait for me to answer though. We have two doors facing the street so there have been times something has been delivered and we don't know it.

Wish you success.