Shaker to clean dust collection filter.
Ran across a video showing a 110v shaker designed to vibrate a concrete forming table 

$40-80 and this thing shakes the tarnation and the fine dust out of my pleated dust filter.

Just got one set up tonight and already ordered another for my other DC. 

https://www.amazon.com/Hsing-Concrete-Vi...B08BLXDQDW

This is the 30w version, I have a 90w version, will see if the 30w version is as good.
So how did you mount that to the filter? Looking forward to your opinion of the 30 watt model.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(08-30-2023, 05:05 AM)fredhargis Wrote: So how did you mount that to the filter? Looking forward to your opinion of the 30 watt model.

I cut a wooden circle that’s very tight around the top of the filter and another circle that’s solid. 

Bolted the shaker on the solid disk then cut a slit in the circle. When I bolted the circle and solid disk together, it tightened the circle around the top of the filter. 

Of course due to the vibration I did use lock nuts.
Got the 30w version in today it’s not going to be anywhere near as useful as the 90w.

Don’t bother getting their variable speed dial, it’s pretty much useless.

At the low range the motor doesn’t come on, and the adjustment range once it comes on is very narrow.
Pretty much narrow enough to be useless.

I really like how much the 90w shook out of my delta DC filter.

Not as happy with the 30w.

Hope that helps someone.
Follow up.

The 90watt shaker is doing really well getting fine dust out of the filter.

I had let the barrel below cyclone over fill and at least 2-3 gallons of dust were up in the cyclone body, and a couple gallons of dust had made it to the second stage bag.

After all that was empty I ran the shaker for a couple minutes and another 2 gallons of very fine dust was shaken from the pleated filter.

No scientific data on grams of dust, but definitely a lot easier and looks more effective than blowing compressed air from outside.
Thank you, I see now the larger unit is listed as 100 w.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(08-29-2023, 09:44 PM)JDuke Wrote: Just got one set up tonight and already ordered another for my other DC. 

JDuke,
Thanks for the info. Could you post a pic of your mounting arrangement?

Thanks,  Gary
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
(01-02-2024, 07:44 AM)shoottmx Wrote: JDuke,
Thanks for the info. Could you post a pic of your mounting arrangement?

Thanks,  Gary

Gary, I haven’t taken any pictures of it, but it’s a fairly simple arrangement.

I used a router to cut a 3/4” thick donut to clamp around the top of the canister and another disk that screws to it then bolted the vibrator on top.
OK, Thanks. That makes sense.

Gary
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
(01-05-2024, 08:32 AM)JDuke Wrote: Gary, I haven’t taken any pictures of it, but it’s a fairly simple arrangement.

I used a router to cut a 3/4” thick donut to clamp around the top of the canister and another disk that screws to it then bolted the vibrator on top.

Do you leave the vibrator in place on top of filter, or remove it after cleaning?