Install fan on gfci?
This is going in the kitchen. Before anyone says it’s a bad idea because of grease, etc., I should let you know the kitchen is huge, about 600 sqft so the fan will be far from the stove. 
Anyway I thought I’d use the 20 amp circuit that feeds two outlets on one of the countertops. These are fed by a gfci. There are a lot of wires in the box that houses the gfci, so I thought I’d put one of the outlets and the fan switch in a new two gang box and go from there. Wiring would be much simpler that way. 
Is this doable?
VH07V  
That would work. If it's a GFCI receptacle (vs. a breaker in your panel) you could wire it to the load side for the added protection to the fan. Most 15a GFCI receptacles protect 20a wired on the load side.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
Thanks.

When I googled that, there was no direct answer. What I saw mostly was people having problems with “old” fans and others saying the gfci was tripped when the fan was turned off. The theory being the fan turned into a “generator” as it spun down sending a current into the gfci tripping it.
VH07V