August Garage Sales?
The Boss wanted to go out & about this morning...so...$30 into the gas tank..and off we went...

The Boss decided WE needed to go back to one sale...and buy a Mini-Corn Hole Set...Green Bay Packers Logo, 4 green bean bags, and four BRIGHT yellow one..$10

The rest of today's haul...cost less than half of that..

The Disston/ H.K.Porter Coping saw was $1.50...from the same sale as the Corn Hole Set...

And that Brace and bit "set" was $3..

The rest of the "Treasures"?   Free!

these 4 items and..

Those Tin Snips..all came from a Moving Sale...Lady ran after me as I was leaving..and handed me all 5 items...and even asked what each was used for...

Nice little drive in the country...now I have to start cleaning things up...
Stay tuned..
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
That "free" Bevel Gauge...is a Craftsman 5N

Coping Saw is a Disston/ HK Porter, will need a new blade, though..

Marking gauge is a Dunlap...with a scale....but missing the locking bolt and nut..steel wheel could use a sharpening, and clean up

Brace drill is a No. 945-10in......bit appears to be a counter sink bit, with a tapered square end for in the chuck..and in need of a good "Clean & Sharpen"

After all..this is a Hand Tool Forum, right...
Looks like you made out pretty well.  Tools are better than corn holes any day.
Cleaned up..

Craftsman 5N ( BM ?)
Dunlap Marking gauge...

Wheel has been cleaned up a bit

Coping saw...Cleaned up, and laid on top of a Normal Coping Saw

No. 15 B...Disston/ HK Porter Co.  USA

As for that Brace Drill..

A Stanley No. 945-10in...

Was even put right to work..has a #12 bit in the chuck..

The bit that USED to bit in the chuck?

Has been cleaned up, sharpened up...sitting next to a "normal" Counter sink bit..

The Tin snips have been just been stashed in the tool box's drawer...along with the Mini Wrecking bar..

Not sure how to clean up that Meat Hammer...yet...

Right now?   Saving up for Labor Day Weekend at the West Liberty, Ohio's Tractor Fest....and go Rust Hunting there....
Spent $3 today for one item for me.....$10.50 for 3 items the Boss wanted,  seems fair?

This is what I brought home..

A tad rusty...

about 15 minutes, counting walking to and from the shop later...

Back is clean, shiny and flat..
Bevel had a nick in it...that has been fixed...a single, flat 25 degree bevel has been honed.   There is now a bare spot on my left forearm...1-1/2" wide...

Didn't find any Maker's markings...other than that nick, no other damage found..

So..the next time I am doing "Knife Walls" like Paul Sellers...I now have a nice, SHARP, wide chisel to use...
Yes, it will indeed shave hair...

Day 2 for this weekend...$10 spent for 4 items..

One drill is a Craftsman..the other is a Millers Falls No. 2500A

Miter Saw?

Saw itself is about...130 yrs old...just a tad bit older than the box..

have already rehabbed the M-F drill..

Wasn't too bad of a day.....when one parks in a driveway, and the first thing I see is a pile of 15 electric drill laying in the grass, because the just wasn't any room left on the 10 tables....plus a tub with 15 handsaws? 

Will get to work on the rest of the clean ups...later...

Boss did pick a pair of fancy lamps for her Sofa Table....
Well...on the very last day of August...while at the Labor Day Tractor Fest...spent $32.50 on 2 items...

When a Sammich & Small Soda cost me $13....these 2 decided they just had to come home with me...2 different vendors..2 very different planes..

Yeah....Larger one is a Stanley No. 6c, Type 8....little guy (ain't he cute!) is a Stanley No. 3, type 15...was too worried about a missing lever cap for it..

Just so happens, I have a Nickel Plated spare...

Not too hateful of a day?
A Weekend spent in the Rehab Shop....
Stanley No.6c, Type 8..

And from the side..

Making Moxxon TP?

The No. 3 by Stanley?

With the Type 15 correct front knob...

Might have a bit too much camber, for a smoother....

$32.50 for the 2 planes...not too bad of a weekend?
Nice job. A #3 is one of my favorite size planes.

Ed
Tri-State Steam Engine and Tractor Show- Portland, IN
Most of my haul here. Yankee screwdriver was a buck. Bell Systems brace was like $3, like I need another brace but couldn't pass for $3. The miter saw was like $4 and still pretty sharp. The rest of the stuff weren't really any screaming deals, but stuff I needed (wanted).

Box-o-planes- $20. Look to be user made. My first and only moulding planes but for $20 I couldn't say no.

Nothing special about this wrench, just cleaned her up a bit before putting into service.

I should really count the gas, day off work, admission into event, refreshments, and golf cart rental into the purchase price of all of my loot but then I wouldn't have any 'deals' to brag about.