Need to change the upper (broiling element) on our KitchenAid double oven
Turned on the upper oven last night..sparks started the fly!!!  Shut it down quickly.  KitchenAid, model KEBS207SSS04.

Opened the door and the heating element broke.  (the unit is 13-ish years old).  Did a lil' research afterwards and it looked like I'll need to pull the whole unit out to replace it.  Not too difficult, but I'll need a buddy to help slide it out (probably too heavy for SWMBO).

Checked this AM for the part and did another search and I think i can replace it from the front.  Ordered the part (WP9760774) from repairclinic.com ($195, which I didn't think was too bad).  Should arrive Thursday and Friday afternoon I should be able to do the repair.

I really hope I don't need to pull the whole unit out, but if I do it won't be the end of the world.

(I wonder what the repairman would have charged, all in).

Attached Files Image(s)

Dumber than I appear
(10-01-2024, 10:56 AM)Dumb_Polack Wrote: Turned on the upper oven last night..sparks started the fly!!!  Shut it down quickly.  KitchenAid, model KEBS207SSS04.

Opened the door and the heating element broke.  (the unit is 13-ish years old).  Did a lil' research afterwards and it looked like I'll need to pull the whole unit out to replace it.  Not too difficult, but I'll need a buddy to help slide it out (probably too heavy for SWMBO).

Checked this AM for the part and did another search and I think i can replace it from the front.  Ordered the part (WP9760774) from repairclinic.com ($195, which I didn't think was too bad).  Should arrive Thursday and Friday afternoon I should be able to do the repair.

I really hope I don't need to pull the whole unit out, but if I do it won't be the end of the world.

Be sure and kill the 240v power to the oven as some only shut off one side of the line and will still be energized but not getting hot.    Looks like element just plugs in after you remove the 2 screws inside.
Roly
(10-01-2024, 10:56 AM)Dumb_Polack Wrote: Turned on the upper oven last night..sparks started the fly!!!  Shut it down quickly.  KitchenAid, model KEBS207SSS04.

I have changed out oven heating elements and they are pretty easy, just a few screws and pull it, reverse to put the new one in.

Of course cut the power before you work on it.

If you want to see any tricks, look for a YouTube video, I’m sure someone has done one similar and posted it.

They may even have some tricks like taking the screws that pull to the back first then they hanger screws.

You got a good price.

https://www.kitchenaidparts.com/Shop-For...Oven-Parts

That's what's nice about Kitchenaide.....you can get OEM parts .....
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]