Grizzly G0441 cyclone remote
Got a problem with my G0441 cyclone, The remote will only turn the machine on . I can't get it to turn it off . I have to use the button on the control box to shut it off. I have two remotes and they both are only turning it on only.
Grizzly says I need a complete new control box that is $256 + tax. I asked if I could just replace the board for $100, he said he didn't think it would fix it.
so I'm asking you, what ya think ?

Attached Files Image(s)

Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
I use the iVac remote system.  Sometimes my system will also stop responding fully.

When that happens, I hit all of the reset buttons and I unplug everything in the system and leave them unplugged for a while.  Then I plug it all back in and the system then works.

This hasn't happened in quite a while, though it used to happen every couple of weeks or so.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
It would be a lot cheaper to just cut the wire to the motor, put on a plug and a Long Ranger, then plug the motor into it. Even better would be to make your own remote from a contactor and use a cheap lamp swich to turn it on/off. when the lamp switch fails, but a new one ($15). Heck you could even buy one of Grizzly's remotes and use it. But the contactor thing is an industrial duty arrangement, and I've been using one with a 5HP motor for almost 15 years...replacing the lamp switch 4-5 times.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
That's a pretty simple board, you can replace all of the parts for peanuts but some might be hard to identify, those probably aren't the problem though.

I would start by touching up all of the solder joints.  If that does't work I would replace the electrolytic cap, microcontroller and triad just because they are inexpensive.

The Triac is turning the motor on but assuming both remotes are not working when the signal comes in to turn the triac off it's not working.
(10-04-2024, 03:21 PM)R Clark Wrote: I use the iVac remote system.  Sometimes my system will also stop responding fully.

When that happens, I hit all of the reset buttons and I unplug everything in the system and leave them unplugged for a while.  Then I plug it all back in and the system then works.

This hasn't happened in quite a while, though it used to happen every couple of weeks or so.

Well what do you know, I did what you said and it works now  
Big Grin
Thanks Ray

Thanks everyone for your input
Cool
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
Sometimes the simplest things solve some big problems! Glad it played out that way.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.