WTB: Delta Unifence nylon slide and retainer clip/washer
Hi,

I have this fence and one of the slides is loose.  The retaining washer I got at Lowe's doesn't fit and I also lost the plastic covering for one of the slides.  (You can see the "naked" one in the 1st image).

Anyone have a old Unifence they're not using (I know, I know...silly question) and would be willing to part with this part? 
Smile  Or do you have a reliable site to buy Delta replacement parts?

I tried ereplacementparts. com and the slides aren't made/available anymore.  Thanks!

Attached Files Image(s)

Dumber than I appear
Are you just trying to make it so that the aluminum high-low extrusion can be mounted and fastened in place? I do have a machine shop at my disposal and can make you what you need. I do know a person who has your fence. He lives an hour away so it will have to be a convenient time for me to get the information. Your fence is a very goof fence and worth putting it back into operation rather than replacing it.

I drive down to waterloo about ones every couple of weeks so if you can wait the trip will cost you nothing and if making what you need takes under an hour  I will do if for the cost of shipping plus nothing.

Tom
(10-13-2024, 09:26 AM)tablesawtom Wrote: Are you just trying to make it so that the aluminum high-low extrusion can be mounted and fastened in place? I do have a machine shop at my disposal and can make you what you need. I do know a person who has your fence. He lives an hour away so it will have to be a convenient time for me to get the information. Your fence is a very goof fence and worth putting it back into operation rather than replacing it.

I drive down to waterloo about ones every couple of weeks so if you can wait the trip will cost you nothing and if making what you need takes under an hour  I will do if for the cost of shipping plus nothing.

Tom

Thanks Tom for the offer.

I need another one of the nylon slides pictured in the upper photo.  I guess it's called a nylon slide because the piece of metal is wrapped in a nylon (white material).  You can see the one I need replaced sitting next to the fence in the upper picture.  I am keeping the fence.

It doesn't feel like aluminum but rather steel.  It is under pressure when you lock the fence down so it needs to be steel.

Thanks for the offer though.
Dumber than I appear
Here is a source, not cheap  Delta 400063840002 400-06-384-0002 - Unifence Slide Assembly (renovoparts.com)
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
(10-13-2024, 06:54 PM)museumguy Wrote: Here is a source, not cheap  Delta 400063840002 400-06-384-0002 - Unifence Slide Assembly (renovoparts.com)

Yikes!!!   $42 for a little piece of metal wrapped in plastic!!! Ouch!!!

Well, I was able to fasten the old one on yesterday, sans the nylon wrapping.  I took the internal grip washers I bought, squeezes them ever so slightly and I was able to slide it down the backside of the screw and it stayed.  I even did that to another washer and attached it for good measure.
Dumber than I appear
Can't say I blame you for trying, that is very pricey. I hated posting it but figured if all else failed and you had to have it. 

Glad you made it work.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry