3D Chessboard - progress picks
(10-18-2024, 09:54 AM)Dumb_Polack Wrote: Yes it is.  There's a groove there that the board sits on.  Also on the bottom I glued on a 1/4 piece of plywood.  Then the whole thing got glued into the cherry base.  There's also a maple spline in each corner.

If you look at the bottom RH picture and the bottom RH corner, you might see that that corner didn't close up 100%.  Bothers me a little.

If you read my knife display post, you'll see that the shop gremlin opened a couple corners during my six week build as well.  One was bad enough I cut a thin sliver from a scrap left over and filled that gap.  The others, I chose to ignore.  We will see them.  Ninety eight percent will see the beauty of your project. 
Big Grin

I haven't played chess in decades, but I'll always stop in to admire beautiful woodwork.  Well done.
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.