Tips for Searching the Forums
This forum's search feature may return confusing results for you if you use more than one word. This is because by default, searching for several words will return results with any of those words in it. So searching for router table will return posts that have the word "router" in it as well as posts that have the word "table". This is not very useful!

So, to solve this problem, you can require that all of your search terms appear in the same post. To do this, you add a plus sign (+) directly before the word, like so:

Code:
+router +table

(Notice there is no space between the + and the beginning of the word.)

This will search for "all posts with the words 'router' AND 'table'." And this is usually what you want.
Is there a way to restrict the search result to show only the initial post from each matching thread?

If I do a title search, it is very redundant to get a result for every posting in that thread in the search result. And I can not see at a glance all of the relevent threads without paging through them.
May the forest be with you.
I put a - sign in front of RE instead of a + sign and it only returns the first post.
Hope this helps
Sounds useful. What does RE means?
When you post a reply to another post, the default subject line starts out "Re:". So if you exclude "Re" from your search, that helps remove replies.
WoodNet Manager said:

When you post a reply to another post, the default subject line starts out "Re:". So if you exclude "Re" from your search, that helps remove replies.

I believe you need to include the colon (e.g. "-re:") or it will not show any items with words containing "re" ("were", etc.).
"In the end we will conserve that which we love,
we will love only that which we understand,
and we will understand only that which we are taught."
-Baba Dioum
Does anyone know if there are plans for the site to support RSS feeds? Or maybe it already does and I am missing something.
what dose the numbers in the parenthesis (--) stand for in the reply column
Happy Sawdust, Dale
total replies (unread or new replies)

HTh
“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”

- Winnie the Pooh, as relayed through Author A. A. Milne
Is there a way to search the archives? I am looking for a post that occured back in 2003. Are threads that old even kept in archives?

Thanks
John