Show me your tool cabinet
I want to build a cabinet for storing my hand tools and I am looking for some ideas. Show me yours and tell me what you like and dislike about it and what changes if any you'd make to it.

MikeJ
This is my all time Favorite:

it's Chris Beckvoort's Cabinet.

Good luck on choosing and building your tool cabinet.

John
Formerly known as John's Woodshop
I'm very interested in seeing what other's have but here are 2 threads to start with:

Thread 1

Thread 2

--Mike
Here is a not so good pic of mine.

What I would do differently is to make it larger to hold more tools. I designed it to hold my most often used planes, shaves, and the like, but, as you can see it is already suffering from over crowding. I built it before I got the bench shown in the pic and have a peg board overflowing with other smaller hand tools plus a rack for my chisels at the old bench. Then a seperate till for my handsaws.

And a rack for my older auger bits (seen in the lower right of saw till pic) which I don't use since I got a boxed set that hadn't ever been used. And a larger peg board on another wall to hold the bigger planes, tailed tool accessories, turning tools and who knows what else. And I still have more tools than places to put em.

What I do like about this design is the drawers. Hold all sorts of little tool parts and small stuff like DT markers etc.
Here's mine.

" />

This one took about a weekend, not including the saw till. I wanted to build a regular cabinet with doors, but realized I'd be looking at 2010 with my schedule. This is a stop gap solution, and has worked very well the last 9 months it's been in use. I can still add the doors at some point when time permits. HTH.
Bob Zajicek
Marietta, GA
Owner Czeck Edge Hand Tool
http://CzeckEdge.com

I like this one from the Wall Cabinet contest recentely. Wish I had done it!;-)

[clicky image]

The one John posted in nice also.
How do you like your Freud hand saws?
I've picked up an 8" Freud brass back saw, for $1.
I like them a lot. I had them sharpened professionally (by Tom Law) a couple of years ago and they cut very well. The DT saw I had Tom re tooth and sharpen rip and it cuts as well as my LN DT saw. I paid about $75 for my set of five over 20 years ago, so you got a heck of a deal.
Bob Zajicek
Marietta, GA
Owner Czeck Edge Hand Tool
http://CzeckEdge.com

Who is Tom Law?
But you've got yours sharpened by Tom Law!
I haven't used mine yet, the Disston #4 I got from the bay served me good.
(Being a iron back, the #4 is not as heavy as the Tyzack, or this Freud).

Also grabbed some sheet metal backed back saws, all I want to say is
what a pitty. I can bend the saw (including the sheet metal back) with
two fingers. Not sure what I am going to do with them.