Show me your tool cabinet
As far as I know, he's THE saw sharpener.
Correct me if I am wrong, and I could be missing something.

Besides, Tom Law has stopped the sharpening some time ago.
dogwood1300 said:

Yep, Tom found himself spending all his time sharpening other peoples' saws and no time to make sawdust. Cooke, I guess is the "go-to" place now if you don't sharpen your own.
As I work more and more with handtools I've been ruminating over tool storage with my specific work habits in mind.

I decided that a singular tool cabinet was not for me. I can see where I will *need* more than a couple handsaws ready to use, more than a few planes ready to use, etc.

To that end I built a saw till; now full of a dozen different saws {excluding my DT saws}. I am in the construction phase of a plane till that is an enclosed version of Dave Anderson's.

Next I will build a handtool cabinet for storage of marking gauges, chisels, mallets, squares, bits, braces, and all the various sundry tools.

Don't get me wrong Chris Becksvoort, Andy Rae, William O'Studley, et. al. have made very versatile cabinets and I will be encorporating many of their elements in the design of my tool cabinet.

I simply feel that as my skills, techniques, and habits change that I'll have more flexibility by this separation.

To date I love my plane till; I don't like that it's not finished and in use. Hopefully by the end of the week I'll have the doors completed and mounted.

Dan.
~Dan.
Jerrry said:

[blockquote]dogwood1300 said:

Yep, Tom found himself spending all his time sharpening other peoples' saws and no time to make sawdust. Cooke, I guess is the "go-to" place now if you don't sharpen your own.

[/blockquote]
Who is Cooke? Is he a member here?
A simple google search revealed...

Cooke's Sharpening & Grinding, Inc.
3331 W. Market St.
York, PA 17404
Phone: (717) 793-9527

N.
"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell - you see, I have friends in both places." -- Mark Twain
That ones patterned after the H.O. Studley case.

Rick
ONLY COLLECTORS, INTELLIGENT PEOPLE AND PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY KNOW AND UNDERSTAND WHAT A (KING SEELY MADE CRAFTSMAN SAW REALY IS NEED BOTHER TO RESPOND. ALL YOU LOOSERES THAT EMAILED ME AND BEHAVED LIKE MORONS CAN JUST BE A LOOSER SOMEWHERE ELSE PLEASE .
This has been my "temporary" cabinet for a while now:

It's actually a wall cabinet I rummaged from a chemistry lab and retrofitted for plane storage.

I keep meaning to replace it with something custom-made for all my frequently-used handtools, but this has been working well enough to keep a new cabinet low on my priority list.

It hangs over my bench to keep things close at hand.
My super-geeky woodworking website (which has no ads & no sponsors)
Hypotenuse,

I see that Lee Valley gets a large percentage of your paychecks every month.
That low angle jointer barely fit in there!
I don't have a tool cabinet, but here is one of my saw tills:

A neat shop is a sign of a sick mind...
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

How many tills do you have?