Show me your tool cabinet
cobalt said:

That ones patterned after the H.O. Studley case.Rick

Yes, and there was some talk on the oldtools list that possibly this is the reason they only gave the guy 3rd place, since it wasn't very original, although really nice.
TW,
Classic!

Thanks for the laugh. I've stored my tools in various cardboard boxes for years. Only recently have I gotten them up off the floor.

Tom
Retirement has afforded me with the ultimate affluence, that of free time. (M. Sahlins)
"When a cabinet ain't big enough"

About 18 linear feet of shelving, packed solid.
The dirty little secret of freedom is that in the end, you are on your own.
Do we win a prize for naming all your planes?
Here is a pic of my prototype cabinet

My Project Page https://home.comcast.net/~rexmill/projec...abinet.htm

Some day soon I will make the vice one out of hardwood when I fine tune this as best I can..
I have two "tills" with backsaws, Harold, but the larger saws wont fit in the tills so they are tied together in bunches like banannas and are hanging on the walls..
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

ydb1md said:

Do we win a prize for naming all your planes?

Uhhhh, yeah sure! How's a hearty adda-boy from yours truly sound? If you can type the Stanleys I might even mail you a special prize our WW club likes to call a "LumberKit ™".
My super-geeky woodworking website (which has no ads & no sponsors)
Here are a couple of shots of mine. It's a work in long term progress. I add to it once something becomes difficult to store or find due to muliplication problems :}

PS stealth gloat: I haven't made a home for the new Shepherd shoulder plane at the bottom left.
If a man speaks in the forest, and there's no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
Not quite finished, yet, but getting close....finally, if you ask LOML! still need to finish up the various tool holders and the drawers.

(edit: couldn't get the pics linked)

Tool Chest pics

Case is solid cherry case with handcut DTs and wedged through mortises on two shelves. Doors are cherry frame with veneered curly big leaf maple with veneered Jatoba trim. Drawers will have curly maple fronts from the same board that I used to get the door veneers.

The two doors open showing the chisel racks and saw storage. The two full size saws are in a hinged holder that swings out for access to the rear saw.

Looking forward to finishing it, mounting it on the wall, and seeing it with all my tools! (so I can move on to the next project!)
Eric
(e)sanford, Curator of the Moo-Zee-Um of Unused Tools,and all around Spong(e)head

Never Forget
Lenny Taylor
8/20/57-9/11/01
Nice Eric!