Tutorial: How I install full extension slides
Great post and a helpful tutorial. Very timely for me. I haven't ever installed a full extension slide before, but last month picked up a case of 22" and a case of 14" slides at a local auction of $10. No instructions came with them to help w/ installation, and I wasn't looking forward to installing them the trial and error method.
John
An interesting technique. Mine is slightly different. I use a 1/4" ply sheet with the verticle measurements marked on the front edge, and the front to back holes I want marked for each slide with a framing square. The template front edge is figured to line up with the front of the cabinet. Setback is figured to where the holes start. So, the one template is marked at the bottom for "right" on one side and "left" on the other side. It is held in place with spring clamps and all holes are drilled per side for all the slides.

There is an advantage for a reusable jig, even if it is for one slide set at a time, and using the same type slides.

"I'M NEVER WRONG - BUT I'M NOT ALWAYS RIGHT"
DaveJ- You have no idea how long I have delayed finishing this because it involved the things I like least in woodworking: Sanding, and drawer installs. I usually don't mind doing either, but when you are sanding the parts for 15 drawers it becomes very boring. My darn hand was numb before I was done. Hope to see pics when you get your drawers done!!!

CabinetMan- So you create a different template for each project, I like that idea if I have multiple copies with the same drawer layout, I'll have to remember that one. Due to the fact that I had 3 diiferent size drawers to deal with I figure this method would work the best. No measuring involved, only marking. Less chance for error in my case.
Semper Fi,

Barry
Yeah Jarhead I liked the idea also all you have to is to fine center lines and work from there not measuring each drawer and mess.
To everyone that said they were going to add to favorites for later, after 1year these go away. I have found that out the hard way, I now copy and paste to a word document anything I want to save and title as needed. Now if you are at work save it, email it home and then delete it at work. No proof left on there computer.
Finishing: I apply shellac before I apply varnish.
Routing:Hand Left to Right, Table right to left
Cutting plywood:Face up on the table saw
Face down w/circular saw.
Wear safety glasses when using power tools.

Thanks for the tutorial. I've used slides on projects with single drawers but stayed away from multiple drawers because I don't know how to do what you did.

nice cabinet.
Michael
bump... this one is worth saving, thought I would do that before forgetting.
With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied -- chains us all, irrevocably.
You have been INEDXED.
Thanks to both you and Jarhead, I have this copied now for future reference.

Dan
"Such are the fibers, in wood and in man, that, worked well and polished, with effort and renewal, show brilliance and depth, and a beautiful richness that grow warmer and greater with age." John Keith Johnson
That is a great tutorial. Please be sure to post pics when you get the drawer fronts on.
Grant

"GO BUCKEYES"
Glad to see this is still helpful to people. The cabinet has been done a long time but have never really taken pictures of the final product. I'll take some pictures and post them back on this thread in the next couple of days..
Semper Fi,

Barry