My new updated crosscut sled (pics)
Magnificent job. You give me inspiration but I'm not sure how I would break the news to my old sled. It has seen a lot of battles and is definitley getting tired. You, also have a lot of features that mine doesn't have.
Thanks for sharing and terrific job.
Toddy Woddy
Kilo..... Not by initial design, but I have screwed a washer to the bottom of each rail at the front before to keep it in the miter slots. Simple enough. I don't keep them on there all the time though because I like being able to lift it right off the TS without having to slide it off and out first. Know what I mean ?
MMarzluf said:

Kilo..... Not by initial design, but I have screwed a washer to the bottom of each rail at the front before to keep it in the miter slots. Simple enough.

What size washers & screws do you use for this? I've been thinking of doing the same for my CC sled.

Tony
"The art of leadership is to work with the natural grain of the particular wood of humanity which comes to hand."

John Adair

My woodworking blog: Tony's Woodshop
Hmmm...... good question. Never really measured them. I just grabbed my washer storage comtainer and dug out some that fit into the T slot of the miter, then found some screws that would work.

Your saw may be a little differnet as well..... Just measure the width of the T slot in your miter. Also, if your sled runners don't extend down to the T slot portion you'll have to shim the bigger washers with smaller ones. Well, actually I guess you could just not tighten the screw all the way and leave the big washers dangling down enough to make it work.
i keep looking at this sled over and over and i gotta say, not only is it functionally amazing, but you've managed to make it aesthetically interesting as well.

i'm pretty much in awe.
Un-funny Signatures are Signatures Too
Well then......... order one.
Price quote, aisle 3!
"He just opens his mouth and his IQ falls out." Joe Fisher 8/8/7....."I don't have to worry about not wanting for I'm going if it is very dark outside in the moon is up and 7 man is here. Period. SpeckledPig 11/10/2011
My runners should be about 1/8" shy of the bottom of the slots. I'll have to check. And I suppose I can measure the washer on the end of the miter gauge that came with the saw . . .

Tony
"The art of leadership is to work with the natural grain of the particular wood of humanity which comes to hand."

John Adair

My woodworking blog: Tony's Woodshop
Wow! Very nice sled.

It is a bit disheartning that your jigs are nicer then my actual projects.

Keep up the good work
Just checking to see if you got my email.

Eddie
"Political Correctness, a doctrine, fostered by delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." borrowed