The Great Atlanta/Charlotte Wood Haul and Kolleen Kollege Kitty run
Wood for all and a chance to make each board foot and each project mean a lot more than usual. Part of the proceeds from this run and all subsequent runs will be donated to a fund for Knothaid's daughter Kolleen, who is waging a tremendously brave fight. Most of you know the circumstances. Suffice it to say that she has endured and overcome circumstances that none of us would wish on our worst enemy. Her courage and will are truly inspiring.

Pulling at your heartstrings to get to your pursestrings??

Unashamedly so.

You know you can always use wood (except for the political trolls), so quit wasting your time putting it off. Take advantage of the first Kolleen Kollege Kitty and get in touch with me. I leave for Atlanta on February 16 or 17 and first comers get the goods.

The prices are good, the wood is good, and the reason is even better.

This is being done because I admire her spirit, have 3 daughters of my own, and will not go to my reward without acting on my feelings in this regard.

(No Knots were consulted or harmed during the making of this post )

I'll be hauling a bandsaw from Valdosta to SC, so if you have a delivery request, let me know early to reserve room.

Species and prices below.

Only change from original post is that I am requiring 25% up front to discourage the folks who change their mind in mid-trip and don't take the wood they ordered--that just keeps me from loading some up for someone else, and is unfair to all.

Not sure yet, but I'll probably have to close it out sometime around the 1500 board foot level, maybe 2000, so do it early.

Also, remember that this is a sellout. The owner has collected this wood over a lifetime, is moving to another state to retire and wants it all gone, so when it is gone, that's all. Good news is that there is about 50-60,000 feet laying about.

Very nice 4/4 cherry, 4-17" wide, dry five years: 3.50 bdft to 12", 4.00 bdft wider than 12", 8 and 10 feet long.

Primo ribbon cherry, 5/4, random W&L, dry: 5.50 bdft.

Regular cherry, 5/4, random W&L, dry: 3.25 bdft.

QS red oak, 4/4, 8-10 feet, mostly 4" W: 2.50 bdft

Pecan and hickory, 4/4: 2.25 bdft.

Aromatic red cedar, 4/4, up to 12" W: 3.00 bdft.

Primo riftsawn heart pine, 10-12" W, 5.50 bdft.

Curly pine, 16' L, calculated by the curl part of the board, not overall (2 feet of curl, you get a 16' board for a two foot price), 6.50 bdft.

River bottom recovered heart pine, 12', 1x4 and 1x6, 5.75 bdft.

Century old barn boards, heart pine/cypress/etc., wide, 20' L, 1.50 bdft good, .90 so-so.

10" X 8/4 Ambrosia maple slabs: $3.00/BF
10" X 12/4 Ambrosia maple slabs: $3.50/BF

10-12" X 8/4 slabs of poplar: $2.00/BF

Some slabs are 8' long, some 10', maybe a few are 12' long.

Air dried for several years.

If there is enough interest, I can pick up some soft curly maple in NC and deal it out on the way home.

Also, I can stop at sawmillnc, Kyle's place for slabs or turning blanks . Go to sawmillnc.com or contact him here (sawmillnc screen name) or email.

Please reply in the thread or by PM--I despise email and may not get it.
There is a wealth of knowledge, talent and experience here...and then there are the other members.

Life is too short to suffer fools.
Commendable cause and effort on your part Bones. What's your route going to be for this haul?
I-75 to Hotlanta, I-85 to Harlotte and back the same way.

Patience, grasshopper, the Ga/NC run is probably March 2,3,4.
There is a wealth of knowledge, talent and experience here...and then there are the other members.

I'm way too old to learn patience now.
Something has happened that I did not forsee--there are generous folf not even in this area who have PMed me asking if they could contribute. This was not planned, but those of you who want to participate can PayPal anything you would like to bonely@bellsouth.net.

Alternatively, my mailing address is:

Alan Henderson
4561 Clear Lake Drive
Gainesville, FL 32607

This will be totally anonymous if you wish, or I can share your name with Knot with your permission.

God bless you folks.

I'll get you an order shortly for the Atlanta run.
Bump for those who actually work during the day

OK I sent you my order. When exactly are you coming? And then you are coming back to Atl the first week in march?
When ya gonna make a run out WEST!?!
lambeater, about my new router table, July 25, 2009: Thats one way cool hippy chick style router table!!

www.MyShopTour.com
Weekend bump

No Yankees or Westerners need apply