MO' WOOD!!-Pigsicle IV-Voyage to Northern Cuba (central Florida)!!
Going to Fitterling's March 24 dead animal roast and swilling get together. You Florida folf get yer orders in early before I run out; this stuff doesn't grow on trees you know

Week prior, I will be at Kyle's (sawmillnc.com) if you are looking for some exotics, slabs, turning blanks or the like, so let me know prior to the weekend of the 17th if you need me to pick up something for you.

The Kolleen fund is ballooning like WoodMa's belly, and you folf who may have forgotten to send something, now have another chance.

Presentation will be at Fitterling's.

Don't be the only woodworker without wood

LINK to original inventory and prices. More species will be added Monday.
There is a wealth of knowledge, talent and experience here...and then there are the other members.

Life is too short to suffer fools.
Hey Bones I know this sounds stupid but I am still new to all this. How you add up a bdft? I take it 4/4 is 4 inches by 4ft. Is this right? So how many bdft would that be? 1.4bdft? Sorry still new and havn't had to order any yet.
4/4--lengthxwidth/144=bdft
6/4--lengthxwidthx1.5/144=1.5 bdft
etc.
There is a wealth of knowledge, talent and experience here...and then there are the other members.

I know I am not Bones. Heck I could never be the river to my people that he is but I hope this helps you.
4/4 is four quarter which is 1 inch thick. A board foot is 1 inch thick X 12 inches long X 12 inches wide. So a 1 X 4 X 4 feet is 1 and 1/3 board feet.
"If you make listening and observation your occupation you will gain much more than you can by talk.." --Lord Robert Baden-Powell

Another thing - it is designated as 4/4 as opposed to one inch because for whatever thickness is starts as, it will yied 1/4 less when finished out.

4/4 becomes 3/4
5/4 becomes 4/4

etc.

Not to say that careful surfacing of a 4/4 board will not yield thicker than 3/4, just not guaranteed to do so.
Too Many Projects; Not enough Time
Man I must not be to bright today cuz I think I just got more messed up then I was before. Is there a website that might help?
Math for Dummies™

Cubic measurement of rough wood. One inch thick (4/4) x 12" long by 12" wide is one board foot. 2 inch thick (8/4) by 12" long by 6" wide is one board foot. 2 inch thick by 6" long by 12" wide is one board foot. See how it goes?
"Try to reach the level where there is no competitor except excellence itself."
---James Krenov
mfitterling said:

Cubic measurement of rough wood. One inch thick (4/4) x 12" long by 12" wide is one board foot. 2 inch thick (8/4) by 12" long by 6" wide is one board foot. 2 inch thick by 6" long by 12" wide is one board foot. See how it goes?

Ok got it. See you just had to slow it down. I was feeling blonde for a min.
I could sell it by the linear foot if you would be happier