Pigsicle III-Rounding the Far Turn for Kolleen's Kollege Fund--Wood!!
Wood for all and a chance to make each board foot and each project mean a lot more than usual. I'm donating part of the proceeds for every foot to the Fund. Even if you don't need wood, any donations are appreciated. The outpouring of generosity has been stunning so far.

Trip is March 16-19.

I'll be hauling a planer from Valdosta to be-Hinesville, GA, so if you have a delivery request, let me know early to reserve room.

Species and prices below, with some new additions.

I am asking 25% up front to discourage the folks who change their mind in mid-trip and don't take the wood they ordered--that just keeps me from loading some up for someone else, and is unfair to all.

Not sure yet, but I'll probably have to close it out sometime around the 1500 board foot level, maybe 2000, so do it early.

Also, remember that this is a sellout. The owner has collected this wood over a lifetime, is moving to another state to retire and wants it all gone, so when it is gone, that's all. Good news is that there is about 50-60,000 feet laying about.

400 feet very nice 4/4 cherry, 4-6" wide, dry five years: 3.50 bdft , 8 and 10 feet long.

4000 feet Primo ribbon cherry, 5/4, random W&L, dry: 5.00 bdft.

6000 feet Regular cherry, 5/4, random W&L, dry: 3.50 bdft.

2500 feet QS red oak, 4/4, 8-10 feet, mostly 4" W: 2.50 bdft

4000 feet QS red oak, HUGE TIGER STRIPES, random W & L, 4.22 bdft

700 feet 2x12 pecan green, 2.00 bdft

1000 feet dry Pecan and hickory, 4/4: 2.25 bdft.

8000 feet Aromatic red cedar, 4/4, up to 12" W: 3.25bdft.

Primo riftsawn heart pine, 10-12" W, 5.50 bdft.

Curly pine, 16' L, calculated by the curl part of the board, not overall (2 feet of curl, you get a 16' board for a two foot price), 6.50 bdft.

River bottom recovered heart pine, 12', 1x4 and 1x6, 5.75 bdft.

1000 feet Century old barn boards, heart pine/cypress/etc., wide, 20' L, 1.50 bdft good, .90 so-so. These boards are wide and straight and thick and almost 100% old heartwood.

30000 feet 1x6x16 second growth 100% heart pine.

Red cedar slabs, live edge.

1x18 loblolly pine.

Maple, walnut, more cherry, walnut slabs and turning stock available on the Charlotte to Atlanta and home leg of the trip.

Limited supply of 3" thick laminated maple slabs cut to size, ideal for bench tops, 5.00 bdft

Gary G may have some more spalted and ambrosia boards for sale; he will chime in.

Please reply in the thread or by PM--I despise email and may not get it. That goes for you, Tom Davis

Third of four trips this Spring--git yer goods before the weather warms up and the shops thaw out
Also, if there is an interest in some Curly Maple, folks can sound out and I will attempt to divert the Bones Caravan to my source and kill him after you get yours. Please makes sure he doesn't tell you, so that Vinny doesn't show up after delivery.
Again, believe what you will. I'm a good deal more informed than you. - Snipe Hunter

Wisdom has been chasing you, you have always been faster.

any 5/4 hard maple?
any 4/4 hard maple?

LMK

-Louie
Checking sources.

Amounts, etc?
There is a wealth of knowledge, talent and experience here...and then there are the other members.

Life is too short to suffer fools.
I PM'd Alan with my order, but just wanted to say that I've seen this wood and it is of first quality. One or two light passes thru a planer and it's going to be good to go. I can't recall when I've seen stock this wide and this flat. Beautiful stuff... it will make you very happy you took advantage of this opportunity.
Bob Zajicek
Marietta, GA
Owner Czeck Edge Hand Tool
http://CzeckEdge.com

Bob Zajicek said:

I PM'd Alan with my order, but just wanted to say that I've seen this wood and it is of first quality. One or two light passes thru a planer and it's going to be good to go. I can't recall when I've seen stock this wide and this flat. Beautiful stuff... it will make you very happy you took advantage of this opportunity.

I'll piggyback on this comment. The cherry I received is definitely worth buying, and Bones has been more than fair to me.
Bones™ said:

Checking sources.

Amounts, etc?

5/4 hard maple: 50BF
4/4 hard maple: 50BF

Assuming that Fitterling will let me use his miter saw to chop anything too long down to length as to fit in my veeehickle.....

Also, what was the price on the curly again? I think I would like to snag maybe 25BF of that stuff as well. Was it $3?

-Louie
when's the west coast run?

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

My private stash is 4 bones; Knot's source is less. May have to get the cheaper from Kyle.
There is a wealth of knowledge, talent and experience here...and then there are the other members.

Life is too short to suffer fools.
Any plans for a run farther north (Virginia)?

Jeff