CT's Most Excellent Workbench Adventure
What happened to CT? Has she posted recently? I always enjoyed her posts, but I haven't seen anything from her in a long time.
All of her non-expired posts for the last year have been in Home Improvement. The most recent one was in July.

I hope that she is doing well and has just been too distracted by the home rehab to post.

There are several posters in this thread that don't seem to be around much lately. It was very good to see their names again as I read through the thread again before bumping it.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
I remember this thread from my "lurking" days , before finally getting
around to registering and speaking up here, though it was years later.
It is a thread that helped me decide to keep coming here, as it shows very well how
even complete novices are welcomed and helped.
Just reading the title set off a bell, and as I clicked on it, VOILA there it was to reread
all over again.
Gotta love WoodNet.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me

Smile This is nice community ... and nice thread here
How. Does. This. Thread. Still. Exist?!?!?!?!? I'm so glad it was saved!
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
(07-18-2018, 03:17 AM)markwood119 Wrote:
Smile This is nice community ... and nice thread here

Wait! How did this thread appear after nearly three years in limbo? 

After all of the chatter about archiving, I want to say that it is fun to see the good ones resurface over the years ... without all of the clutter. A lot like finding a good book in the pile going out to donation.
Shame all the pics are gone.
As apparently, is the OP, Crooked Tail.

As I noted several years ago in this thread (!) it was/is
one of the reasons I decided that this forum was worth
getting active on.

Perhaps we shall yet hear from Crooked Tail.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
(07-18-2018, 07:47 PM)MarkSingleton Wrote: Shame all the pics are gone.
As apparently, is the OP, Crooked Tail.

As I noted several years ago in this thread (!) it was/is
one of the reasons I decided that this forum was worth
getting active on.

Perhaps we shall yet hear from Crooked Tail.

I believe that was the longest thread in the handtool forum, unless there was one before my time... Thanks for bringing it back, lots of memories in there...
Skip

Too bad CT and the pix are gone.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
(09-04-2009, 10:25 AM)Crooked Tail Wrote:
MalletHead said:

... I'm sorry, purple wood is just WRONG.

But you have to admit, it's got character!  

The bench has been working out very well. I can't imagine woodworking without it now!

What's funny is I've gotten so used to it, and the thrill of finally finishing it has mostly worn off now. So when some friends from work came over a couple days ago, it didn't immediately occur to me to show it off. Then without any prompting they go, "wow! look at that workbench! Where did you get that?" "I built it." "No way!" And I get the warm fuzzies all over again.    

Umm.. not sure all these formats are gonna make it thru.... but if so, one of my favorite posts from her..
Skip