Who are you
What happened to this guy?

Sascha said:

cool thread.

Sascha Gast, 38 years old, originally from germany, been living in Los Angeles for the past 12 years. Hairstylist, woodworking for 5 years, turning for 4 years.
also love photography, saltwater aquariums and premium cigars.

JR_ said:

What happened to this guy?

[blockquote]Sascha said:

cool thread.

Sascha Gast, 38 years old, originally from germany, been living in Los Angeles for the past 12 years. Hairstylist, woodworking for 5 years, turning for 4 years.
also love photography, saltwater aquariums and premium cigars.

[/blockquote]

web page
If it don't hold soup, it's ART!!

Dry Creek Woodturning

Name's Dave and I'm an amateur turner. I've been turning for about two years now. I'm 62 last December. Delta Mini has just about swallowed my workbench.

(The way this came out, I feel as if I'm in a support group for an addiction - Oh yeah, I am.)
I think I posted somewhere in this thread (is there a way to search threads here?), but if not, here goes again:

I'm Brad. I'm 36. 37 on May 5, thank you for asking. Got my first lathe about a decade ago. Stopped turning for a long time because of a nasty divorce (some of you remember that period). Started up again about two years ago. I now sell pens semi-professionally...is that a term? I dunno. I do very little non-pen turning because I have very little time to master bowl turning. Pen turning is quick, easy, and inexpensive once you start selling the product.

I once poo-pooed acrylic pens. Now I rarely turn wood anymore and devote 90%+ of my turning to acrylic resin pens.

I still dabble in that strange hobby of "flat work". Currently I'm building a 25" drum sander so that I can build a side board for the missus and a step stool for her grandmother.

Oh, my handle comes from my time in the Marines. In the '40's, a common greeting or parting among Marines was "Semper fi, Mac!", the "Mac" being the Marine spoken to. "Semper fi" is short for semper fidelis, the Latin motto of the Marine Corps--"Always faithful".
Semper fi,
Brad

Have to keep this going!!!
If it don't hold soup, it's ART!!

Dry Creek Woodturning

I do not wish to give out my name.
Been turning for a few months but not steady.

Bob
My name is Mike Rohmfeld. I have been turning for a year or so, when I get the time. By day I work as a service manager in an auto repair shop. I turn to get away from the job stress. I enjoy making tools as I need them. Also the hunt for inexpensive tools.
Mike

welcome to the site. I see your a recent member, and you will find that most of your questions can be answered here. Venture into the basement at your own risk. You may find more stress there than your real job
Terminal cancer sure ruins retirement planning
The stress from the vortex is all self inflicted. Job stress is inflicted by others and there is no control factor. But until I find a roof and free meals to work I go.
I'm Jack...81 years so far..been turning both metal and wood since about 1948 when in HS and as an apprentice machinist...I love machinery and presently have eight {8} lathes, three of which are "suitcase lathes" for wood or metal, one Jet wood lathe, one Atlas metal/wood combo lathe, one South Bend 9A metal lathe, one Myford Super Seven metal lathe and one Seig {import} metal lathe. Does that make eight???..Also have two small milling machines...both imports. If I had room, I would have a larger mill also!!!!

Did I say I love machines???????
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset