Who are you
True, and you are right about being quiet. That is what I love most about it. I get up early on the weekends. I'm up at 3:20 M-F for work, so 5 on a weekend is sleeping in. I can get up, and go into the basement and turn to my hearts desire and not bother the wife while I'm at it. See if I can run my tablesaw, bandsaw, CMS, router, or any other tool at that time in the morning. I bet I'd get a big
Jason Woodford

I happen to have a full set and once they had one bad winter of moisture they never real look good again. - Scott Whiting 6/24/10

I live in a constant state of horny. She's very obliging. Why mess with it? - Snipe Hunter
My name is Edgar, I’m a retired educator and I’ll be 77 in June. I picked dryheat because it is often mentioned when learning that I live in the Arizona Desert “yes but it’s a dry heat”. Anything over 105 is HOT no matter how dry it is. I bought a lathe several years ago because it was on sale and I always wanted to do some turning. I’m just getting started now and hope to make a few bowls and boxes.
Most of my woodworking has been in cabinetry and Windsor Chairs.
Edgar
Welcome, Edgar. The name's not bad. Better than dry heave. Don't hesitate to ask questions and post your projects any time you like. We're a friendly bunch, in general.
Quote:

We're a friendly bunch, in general.

+2

"There is no limit to the amount of good a
person can do if they do not care who gets credit for it."

LOML favorite saying to me: Do it or Die!

Bump again
If it don't hold soup, it's ART!!

Dry Creek Woodturning

I'm David Nance, 54. I go to work as a Quality Assurance manager for a medical device company to pay for my addiction. Been turning for ten years or so. Just upgraded from a Jet mini to a 1642 (Christmas present from LOML).
"Feedback is the breakfast of champions"

bump
I'm Jason. I was Jason when I started turning, and I am Jason now. I have been turning for right around a year now. I would not say I am much better at it over the last year, but I am not any worse, and I have spent a lot of money in the process of getting mediocre
Jason Woodford

I happen to have a full set and once they had one bad winter of moisture they never real look good again. - Scott Whiting 6/24/10

I live in a constant state of horny. She's very obliging. Why mess with it? - Snipe Hunter
I am Mike...been turning perfectly good pieces of wood into roundish objects for a couple of years.

Been lurking on woodnet for a while...hope to contribute more often.
If a little knowledge is dangerous, then I am lethal.
Mobjack68 was my one design sailboat, Mobjack...built on Mobjack Bay, Virginia. Hull number 68. Sold her when I hadn't been able to go sailing for 3 years and did not see sailing anytime soon. My wife and I invested in a business for her that took a lot of time from both of us.

My name is Jerry Morgan, have been turning since my sophomore year of high school...let's see, that would have been 36 years ago. Since I have a teaching degree that allows me to teach wood shop (among other things) I have had access to wood lathe(s) almost all of my adult life. My high school shop teacher taught me to hand sharpen lathe tools, in his words "if you're gonna use 'em..you're gonna dull 'em....if YOU dull 'em, you need to learn to keep 'em sharp"...rest is history.

I feel very fortunate to live in western central Virginia, where hardwoods abound, it is very easy to gather wood to waste. Lots of inspiration and project ideas here, thanks for pushing me towards new boundaries.

jerry
How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?