Who are you
Name is Charlie Drake (duh) and I'm 68. An R&D chemist for 32 years here in OK (worked in the evil oil industry) and ran cattle on our ranch. Retired about 10 years-started turning couple of years ago after flatwork for many years. Always amazed at the talent I see exhibited on this (and some other) forum and the willingness to help those of us less talented!
My name is Joe. I'm 49 years old. You can call me wahtever you want, just don't call me late for dinner. I've been turning since February, 2010, when I picked up Jet 1220 from the Cincinnati Woodcraft store. I've got a lot to learn.
Joe
Welcome. You originally from Nebraska?
I'm slow, but I do poor work.
!!!!!!
If it don't hold soup, it's ART!!

Dry Creek Woodturning

Saving it from the dust bin?
My first name is ..... well I sure you've already figured it out. It's is original.
Hell hath no fury like being scorned by Festool because you won't pay full price. .
My name is Gregory, prefer Greg, and the "J" is the first letter of my middle name, 56 years old, I have been turning since I got my Jet 1220VS from Hartville Hardware during their Feb 2010 tool sale. Although the force inside this vortex is tremendous, I have been accumulating the accessories slowly. I have to sell off something from my other hobby (O gauge trains) before I can purchase a woodturning goody.

I was kicked to the curb a little more than two years ago, after over 22 years with the company, so I spend time doing the job search thing, which appears to be a waste of time, but I digress. I worked in IT since 1972 doing just about everything imaginable, operator, programmer, tech support, management. I was just getting back into woodworking, hadn't persued WW since high school, when the axe fell.

I have also checked out several books on turning from the local library, haven't been able to get any DVD's through the library. I have watched many Youtube videos on woodturning, several multiple times. Tremendous variety of styles and techniques to learn from. I watched two different turner's videos on how to make a cup & ball toy before I attempted to make one for the recent challenge.

What I like the most about woodturning is that it lets you take a hunk of scrap wood and make something either useful or decorative out of it.

Thanks for letting me play.
Greg

Because someone doesn't run for office, it doesn't reduce their right to representation or to complain. Now when they don't vote....you might have something. KnotHaid 3/19/14
Welcome, Greg!
well I guess its my turn. getting back into turning after being out a loooooong time. I was at a farmers market, looking at a few wood items being sold and thought to myself, I can do much better then that. . . done a few pens, just started my 1st bowl and vase
Back to the top!
Never, under ANY circumstances, make the last cut.

Three Seasons Woodturnings