Who are you
jgourlay said:

[blockquote]iclark said:

Ivan Clark, 62 years old, been turning for 4 or 5 years now.

Seems like I spend too much time turning money into tools rather than making shavings.

You will now move into the phase where you spend more time making places to keep your tools than making whatever you told your wife you were going to make when you started all this.

[/blockquote]
I was intending to start outfitting the tills last summer. When that didn't happen, it was supposed to be this summer. If someone starts a most-cluttered shop competition again, I should post pictures. I picked up 3 of the 6' instrument racks on surplus to convert into plane and chisel tills. The pull out slides are bought, but it is more fun making shavings.

FWIW, an oscilloscope cart with a wire wine bottle rack (in place of the scope) does a good job of holding turning tools as long as no one tries to walk by the pointy ends.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
knight82 said:

Real name "Tim" or as my wife says "Timmah"

TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Buddy of mine has the same name & this is how I answer the phone when he calls or when I call him; others at work love it.
"I'm glad being trapped in the woods hunted by an insane militia made you ask the big life questions."

Check out my Project Blog
This has got to be the longest-running thread on WoodNet.

So, what the heck. I'm Steve Schuler, 36 years old, and just got a free lathe this summer, which needs parts.

Yeah, I know. Getting a free lathe is like getting a free puppy.

So, down I go.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
Bibliophile 13 said:

This has got to be the longest-running thread on WoodNet.

So, what the heck. I'm Steve Schuler, 36 years old, and just got a free lathe this summer, which needs parts.

Yeah, I know. Getting a free lathe is like getting a free puppy.

So, down I go.

And just remember, we are here for you to help you spend your money.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Most cluttered shop???

I'm in!
I am from Howell, MI. 35yo with 2 girls, 3 if you count my wife. I got started turning on a couple of the Oliver lathes that I refurbished. I am slowly changing my shop over to handle more spinny stuff as I enjoy it more than flat work. I guess I truly started this year, although I have done the occasional tool handle over the years. I have been doing mostly bowls, cups, and what I will call bowl/vessel hybrids. I want to get into hollowing once I can afford to buy a hollowing rig. Without one I feel as though I am on borrowed time so I have to keep ambition at bay for now.
I'll do this again...

Jason Woodford
32 years old former casual turner that didn't have the space or make the time to keep at it. New house...new garage...new space. I'll be back at it in a couple of months.

Still in South Bend, IN btw.
Jason Woodford

I happen to have a full set and once they had one bad winter of moisture they never real look good again. - Scott Whiting 6/24/10

I live in a constant state of horny. She's very obliging. Why mess with it? - Snipe Hunter
Just a bump
Rick Miller. I live in SC and my grandkids call me Papa, therefore the scpapa username.
Have had my JWL 1220 a couple of years, still trying to get the hang of this spinning stuff. And I'm falling farther into the vortex.

Rick
Any government that robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul!
MAGA!!
I do think this is the longest running thread on WoodNet
If it don't hold soup, it's ART!!

Dry Creek Woodturning