GOOD DEED 2008: The beginningwoodworker/Unisaw Project
Awesome gesture there Bones. Does This saw need a blade? I can donate a few $ and a used Freud 60 tooth combo blade if needed.
Jon

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The large print giveth, the small print taketh away" Tom Waits
The handle that sticks off the crank wheel.

Somebody tell me where all this LVC stuff is, and I'll take it off.

All he needs is a good ole mag switch.
There is a wealth of knowledge, talent and experience here...and then there are the other members.

Life is too short to suffer fools.
Yes, I forgot that he would need a blade to cut something
There is a wealth of knowledge, talent and experience here...and then there are the other members.

skizzo said:

[blockquote]Bones™ said:

Needs new switch.
Needs grip on one handle (I think).

What is the handle for/attached to?

Regarding the switch, I saw the other post about the LVC/mag starters in the other thread. We need to know more about what switch is actually needed -- is it just the remote starter for the LVC, or an integrated unit to replace the LVC? This would be an integrated mag switch from Grizzly. If wanted, I'll buy a switch like that for him and pay shipping to have the LVC assembly that's installed on the machine sent to me.

Bill.

[/blockquote]

I have this switch:

S&S link

If Skizzo wants I'll sell him mine for $60 shipped to Bones or BWW to get him set-up. I think that'll be cheaper than even Grizzlies. If not no biggie. I consider the switch to be worth 2x the price so that would be my contribution to the cause. If that isn't agreeable than I'll get in for something else.
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
Good deal.

If Skizz agrees, we can send it to CJ, so he can know what and how his saw is put together.

Then we can get the LVC to Skizz

Update:

The anonymous benefactor has volunteered a brand new Woodworker II blade for the cause

We now have a Freud blade on the way, also.

Lumber Yard said:

[blockquote]skizzo said:

[blockquote]Bones™ said:

Needs new switch.
Needs grip on one handle (I think).

What is the handle for/attached to?

Regarding the switch, I saw the other post about the LVC/mag starters in the other thread. We need to know more about what switch is actually needed -- is it just the remote starter for the LVC, or an integrated unit to replace the LVC? This would be an integrated mag switch from Grizzly. If wanted, I'll buy a switch like that for him and pay shipping to have the LVC assembly that's installed on the machine sent to me.

Bill.

[/blockquote]

I have this switch:

S&S link

If Skizzo wants I'll sell him mine for $60 shipped to Bones or BWW to get him set-up. I think that'll be cheaper than even Grizzlies. If not no biggie. I consider the switch to be worth 2x the price so that would be my contribution to the cause. If that isn't agreeable than I'll get in for something else.

[/blockquote]

That's the exact Grizzly switch I used when I restored my Unisaw. It's worked perfectly for the past 8 years.
See ya around,
Dominic
------------------------------
Don't you love it when you ask someone what time it is and to prove how smart they are, they tell you how to build a watch?
Send us your fence rails

Bones™ said:

Good deal.

If Skizz agrees, we can send it to CJ, so he can know what and how his saw is put together.

Then we can get the LVC to Skizz

Deal. Lumber Yard, PM me your address and I'll send out a check. You guys decide whether to send the switch to Bones or BWW. Bones, the LVC is that box enclosure hung on the back of the cabinet on each of the saws in this photo:

Hopefully, it's connected to a small controller box with start/stop buttons somewhere on the front of the saw, but that may be missing, which would have led you to say that it needs a new switch. No problem if it's not there, the LVC box on the back by itself is fine. After removing the LVC box from the cabinet, don't worry about unwiring it. It looks like the cords with wall plugs are intact with the boxes, and inside the machine you can just cut the cords as needed.

Thanks. Bill.
Bill
Know, think, choose, do -- Ender's Shadow