GOOD DEED 2008: The beginningwoodworker/Unisaw Project
Bones,

A grand gesture on your part and all those who have pledged help already.

I don't have any Unisaw parts nor do I have anything of significance in my PayPal acct. However, are there other areas of need to which some of us may help? I was thinking of other tools and items which may be in need that we could scrounge around for? router bits? chisels? saw baldes? clamps? etc...

If there is a list of sort, I'd be happy to scrounge my stash to see if I could send a few items...

Please PM me or post a list if you think it would help.

I'm just trying to help a guy in need.
They have the on/off boxes on front, but could use newer ones, hence, new switch.

So, disconnect wires between saw and LVC and send that and old switch along and that is what you are looking for?
There is a wealth of knowledge, talent and experience here...and then there are the other members.

Life is too short to suffer fools.
Charles:

You need to post a list of things you could use.
You would be surprised what most of us have gathering dust in our shops that we would gladly part with.
There is a wealth of knowledge, talent and experience here...and then there are the other members.

skizzo said:

[blockquote]Bones™ said:

Good deal.

If Skizz agrees, we can send it to CJ, so he can know what and how his saw is put together.

Then we can get the LVC to Skizz

Deal. Lumber Yard, PM me your address and I'll send out a check. You guys decide whether to send the switch to Bones or BWW. Bones, the LVC is that box enclosure hung on the back of the cabinet on each of the saws in this photo:
...Hopefully, it's connected to a small controller box with start/stop buttons somewhere on the front of the saw, but that may be missing, which would have led you to say that it needs a new switch. No problem if it's not there, the LVC box on the back by itself is fine. After removing the LVC box from the cabinet, don't worry about unwiring it. It looks like the cords with wall plugs are intact with the boxes, and inside the machine you can just cut the cords as needed.

Thanks. Bill.

[/blockquote]

PM sent
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
OK. The BWW/Unisawr Foundation now has cash for parts that you can't give away for freebs, so you parts hoarders speak up.

Whatchew got for us??

Bones™ said:

They have the on/off boxes on front, but could use newer ones, hence, new switch.

So, disconnect wires between saw and LVC and send that and old switch along and that is what you are looking for?

IIRC, there should be wires between the LVC and the motor, and between the LVC and the start/stop buttons. Cut both of those cords close to the respective boxes, and package up the two components. It should be close to fitting in a flat rate mailer, but no problem if not.

p.s. FWIW, it may not actually be a low-voltage controller, but just a mag switch (in the big box) with remote starter (the start/stop box)... either is fine, but I wanted to note for the masses that we've been assuming the mag switch has a LV transformer as well.
Bill
Know, think, choose, do -- Ender's Shadow
Check.

Update:

we have scored a cast iron left extension wing for the sawr

Impressive project to help others, if more funds are needed let me know, I can help out a bit. Keep it up!!!
I have a tenoning jig. I think it's a delta 34-183. I'd be ECSTATIC to give it to someone else.