GOOD DEED 2008: The beginningwoodworker/Unisaw Project
Skizz would have to answer that.

<<--electrical dunce
There is a wealth of knowledge, talent and experience here...and then there are the other members.

Life is too short to suffer fools.
If I can send some cash to help send me a PM.
CJ I'd like to give you a fighting chance at setting up your TS. May I send you this book?
TOM Big Sugar Washington

Pine is fine.

Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.
CJ pm me your address. I have a pkg of goodies with your name on it.

Grainraiser
Drop all your preconceived conclusions behind and open yourself to everything and everyone. Remember, the usefulness of a cup is in its emptiness.
Bones™ said:

Skizz would have to answer that.

Geez, talk about getting in over my head... where's TDPKE when we need him?

I'm by no means an expert either, but here's my .02... For the current circumstances, I'd probably put LY's newer switch on the saw for Charles. It is likely to be easier to wire up and will look better when installed (it's really sharp looking). It also has the oversized off button, which is a nice safety feature.

The LVC that's listed on CL might, arguably, be a more sophisticated technology due to the low voltage starter assembly, but it presumably also has a more complicated wiring structure. In addition, an LVC's transformer will almost surely emit a low hum/buzz similar to a flourescent light tube, which tends to become irritating after awhile. The newer mag switch without a transformer shouldn't have that issue.

If I were choosing between the two to install on a vintage uni restoration project, I'd probably take the CL LVC, but for a user saw to put straight into use, I'd use the modern switch. But I don't really have a stake in the matter and welcome others' opinions, surely more informed than mine.

Bill.
Bill
Know, think, choose, do -- Ender's Shadow
Router and bits being routed from Texas to Abalama(sic)
There is a wealth of knowledge, talent and experience here...and then there are the other members.

Life is too short to suffer fools.
yes you can.
My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter!
CJ, do you have preference either way between the two switches?
Bill
Know, think, choose, do -- Ender's Shadow
This is looking more and more like Christmas in October.

BTW I have no stake in this either as far as the switch goes if the other one is more suitable than go for it and I'll ante up something else. Just let me know.

My switch is a off of a modern Unisaw rated for the 3HP motor. HTH
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
Bones, check your PM.
Eric
(e)sanford, Curator of the Moo-Zee-Um of Unused Tools,and all around Spong(e)head

Never Forget
Lenny Taylor
8/20/57-9/11/01