GOOD DEED 2008: The beginningwoodworker/Unisaw Project
Honestly, he'll probably end up with some duplicate stuff or tools he just can't get into his shop. I know I sent him stuff in my package that I didn't post on here and wasn't sure if he needed so, I wouldn't hold it against him if he did sell some stuff.

BTW CJ can't win, if he shows his enthusiasm he gets hammered by the "BE GRATEFUL YOU AREN'T OWED ANYTHING" bunch and if he tempers his enthusiasm with a simple thank you he gets hammered by the "YOU AREN'T EXCITED ENOUGH" crowd. LOL IMO CJ you are doing fine with your response to all of this and I am sure that many folks wish they were in your shoes right now.
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
I would. He should return the favor LONG before taking any profit. Something to the effect of due to the overwhelming generosity of this forum I have a couple duplicate items that I would like to pass along.
Thunderslide said:

...Something to the effect of due to the overwhelming generosity of this forum I have a couple duplicate items that I would like to pass along.

Agreed...paying it forward would be cool!
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group Password IBTP
I think people ought not to concern themselves with how CJ handles all this and how he chooses to show any gratitude. Quite frankly, it's not the business of anyone but CJ.

CJ is a good guy and is handling it all well, IMO.

Y'all go worry about your own manners, or apparent lack thereof, and leave everyone else alone.
"Well behaved women rarely make history."

You never know how strong you are, until being strong is the only choice you have.
Lumber Yard said:

I am sure that many folks wish they were in your shoes right now.

Sign me up!
WoodMa™ said:

I think people ought not to concern themselves with how CJ handles all this and how he chooses to show any gratitude. Quite frankly, it's not the business of anyone but CJ.

Y'all go worry about your own manners, or apparent lack thereof, and leave everyone else alone.

Hopefully, that is what people got when they read my posts. You responded to my post which I suspect was just LIL. To be clear I agree with you 100%.

2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group Password IBTP
WoodMa™ said:

So in your opinion we are not entitled to one?
Yes, Lumber, just LIL. Sorry for the confusion.

And Thunder, it is, of course, my opinion, that I think there are better things to do than worry about another person's manners, especially when we don't know what goes on in PMs or E mails. JMHO.
"Well behaved women rarely make history."

You never know how strong you are, until being strong is the only choice you have.
WoodMa™ said:

Agreed 100%. If some of you folks want to control how everyone reacts or what they do with everything you give them, then don't ever give anything away so you don't have to worry about getting mad or not approving of how grateful someone is.

I sent him something. If he doesn't think he can use it, I hope he sells it. What is he supposed to do, hang it on a nail on the wall and let it rust?
Just LIL
Folks, this thread does NOT have to encompass everything you "feel" about the situation. It was designed to be a communication tool to facilitate things to one individual from many.

From this point forward, if you feel it necessary to tinkle on the parade of good will by inflicting your meaning of how things should be done, you will begin to move along in our program to correct your behavior. (See the Questions Forum if you are unfamiliar)

That is not to say you cannot open a thread in the OT forum to discuss your own mores or the mores of others. This is NOT the right thread.