GOOD DEED 2008: The beginningwoodworker/Unisaw Project
Hey CJ, isn't it time to start building a bigger shop, especially since you've got the Certificate now?
WoodMa™ said:

I think people ought not to concern themselves with how CJ handles all this and how he chooses to show any gratitude. Quite frankly, it's not the business of anyone but CJ.

CJ is a good guy and is handling it all well, IMO.

Y'all go worry about your own manners, or apparent lack thereof, and leave everyone else alone.

AMEN!
See ya later,
Bill
I agree. I thought when you gave someone something it was theirs to do with as they please. For the people that don't think he is grateful enough read through some old threads for some of his replies. He is very active in this forum and always has good things to say about everyones projects. He seems to be one hell of a nice guy.

Before this thread started I had thought about offering CJ and old Craftsman tablesaw that belonged to my Dad. I don't use it anymore but have kept it since he died for sentimental reasons. I thought, why just let it sit there when he might be able to use it. Before I could talk myself into it Bones started this and it's just exploded. Now he is probably going to have a nicer shop than I have which I think is great. I hope you enjoy everything CJ! I don't think anyone who has donated things to you would have a problem with you selling some of the duplicate stuff so that you can buy what you need.

I would probaly list it on CL or somewhere though because if you offer to sell here I am sure you'll catch all kinds of flack from a few people.

Enjoy it buddy and once again Bones thank you for starting this! I wish I had something to send but before I found the thread he already had everything that I could have donated.
Frank
Thinking about it.
My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter!
Thanks guys for overwhelming generosity of this forum I have a few duplicate items right now. I know is going to be the last load of tools.
As the OP, I will weigh in.
We have collected and delivered to CJ a shirt-load of goods; we have given it of our own free will and in accord with our means and our abilities.

The fact that we have not given it to the sour folf who have weighed in is not an indication of our regard or lack of regard for them, but simply because this is a project with a single focus.

Do not sully this with whatever problem you may be dragging through your daily existence.

Enjoy it for what it is--the phenomenal power of WoodNet and the stunning results folf can achieve with such simple gestures, offered without expectation of recompense and springing from the deep well of the American spirit.

If you cannot comprehend what is occurring here, perhaps it is best to migrate to other realms.
There is a wealth of knowledge, talent and experience here...and then there are the other members.

Life is too short to suffer fools.
Thanks Bones, I got the drill press runnning.
Bones™ said:

As the OP, I will weigh in.

Enjoy it for what it is--the phenomenal power of WoodNet and the stunning results folf can achieve with such simple gestures, offered without expectation of recompense and springing from the deep well of the American spirit.

If you cannot comprehend what is occurring here, perhaps it is best to migrate to other realms.

Well said and well done Bones.

I would like to add:
Folks donated to the cause without the expectation recompense as bones said and without the expectation of a public ego stroking

CJ, enjoy them in good health an as far as I'm concerned you are free to do with them as you see fit. IMNSHO

e deploribus unum

Speaking of expectations---any way you can escape from New Jersey

Someone give you a fake map
There is a wealth of knowledge, talent and experience here...and then there are the other members.

Life is too short to suffer fools.
Yo CJ! It's getting close! I hope you have the camera ready to roll.