Last Reindeer post till next Christmas.....I swear!! (Pic heavy)
I made a bunch of these several years ago and gave then out in pairs as Christmas gifts. They were well received.

I had forgot all about them until a month or two ago. I was digging through a misc/junk drawer and found the template.

I need to dig it out and make a few more for this season.
Telling a man he has too many tools,
is like telling a woman she has too many shoes.
Very similar pattern  at  LINK 
 The link is video that shows the cutting and down in the comments is the location for the pattern.     Roly
I have these....

[Image: 30354042356_36bab72f47.jpg]

[Image: 30390087255_bf5bcf6da4.jpg]
Just a bump to the top of the pile, because tis the season
Big Grin
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
David. I use either a forstner or a spade bit. My oscillating sander gets a good wirkout

Thanks for posting and interesting project and discussion. My apology for being confused but what are these wood forms?  

About firewood.  Firewood is just a smaller section of what used to be a tree, same as lumber or posts or anything else. I often set pieces of firewood aside for wood working projects, piecs that look interesting with some spaulting or other shapes and forms.
Before I do cut 1 I drill cuts 2 and 4 with forstner bits and then just nip out the leftovers between the antlers and legs
For The Love Of Wood
Before I do cut 1 I drill cuts 2 and 3 with forstner bits and then just nip out the leftovers between the antlers and legs
For The Love Of Wood
Is NoTalentRookie still around?
This thing taking new comments yet? Looks like they added 1 page.

Anyhow seasonable bump
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW