Last Reindeer post till next Christmas.....I swear!! (Pic heavy)
I'll give you a "wow" on that one. I really like that you showed taking them from firewood to finished product.

IMO, you won't have a bit of problem with the "wet" wood. With what you made, a little bit of movement in the wood won't matter one iota.

LOML agrees the reindeer are

Blaine
These are just like the energizer bunny, keeps going, and going and going....

I made several this year with some modifications of the original design. Anyhow, I think there will be an order of a couple hundred next holiday season from the LOML to give away as gifts and to make into tree ornaments. LOL
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
[blockquote] Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll stay together, if not...I'll make some more out of kiln dried stuff.

[/quote said:

Nice reindeers but...

You have kiln dried firewood?
For The Love Of Wood
Dara said:

Yep...but it gets too hot sometimes. It's called a Buck Stove Fireplace Insert.
Cats land on their feet. Toast lands jellyside down.
A cat glued to some jelly toast will hover in quantum indecision.
I enjoy seeing those. After the last post I was so enthused I decided to make a few out of some scrap...so I printed the pattern and cut the the templates. My first one reaaallly looked funny, so I sat it aside to think about it. The next day it hit me, nowhere did you mention that when you trace the pattern on the stock the top of both patterns should really be at the top of the stock! I had one reversed...didn't look like much of a reindeer. Oh, well...just another attempt of mine to prove I can screw up anything.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
NoTalentRookie said:

[blockquote]Dara said:

Yep...but it gets too hot sometimes. It's called a Buck Stove Fireplace Insert.

[/blockquote]

so it doesn't leave you with much useable wood?
For The Love Of Wood
What kind of wood is that?
Very cool series of pics. Thanks for sharing it.
I'd guess based on the blueish bark, it was a dead-standing laurel oak.

BTW, nice job NTR
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Uncle Ben said:

What kind of wood is that?
Very cool series of pics. Thanks for sharing it.

I'll go with Gary's guess, as I don't have the knowledge to tell. I have a friend in the tree removal business and he brought me a dumptruck load of firewood. (For free! Gloat, gloat, gloat) It was a pretty large tree, the bottom section he brought was at least 3 1/2 foot in diameter, and is still laying behind my shop. I ain't got a saw man enough to handle it.
Cats land on their feet. Toast lands jellyside down.
A cat glued to some jelly toast will hover in quantum indecision.