FRAUD/SCAM ALERT!! Mike Morgan @ PaLumber.com
DO NOT buy lumber from "Mike Morgan"- doing business as PALumber.com . I ordered and paid for $1159 worth of Ash and Cherry the day after Thanksgiving. He said it would be delivered by the end of the following week. After getting the run-around for 5 weeks and waiting for delivery trucks that never showed up I canceled my order. He always had excuses as to what happened, but he would never send me a bill of lading for a shipment. He promptly "refunded" my money via PayPal, but the refund was denied twice due to insufficient funds. He said he would FedEx me a check which never arrived. I requested a tracking # for the check which I never got. That was the last I heard from him. Now he won't return calls or emails. I filed a claim through PayPal and they found in my favor but were unable to get the money from his account. I contacted his local police department and they said the lumber mill has been closed for 6 months. He may have done business at some point, but now he's just a scam artist.

DO NOT order lumber from PALUMBER.COM or from Michael Morgan - who is WoodNet member "Michael M".
Odd, I thought Michael M had a decent stuff at good prices. At least I thought that was his rep, but it looks like he hasn't posted since mid '08.
He posted about a month ago in S&S when concerns came up. Making some excuses and posting hunting pictures. LOL He stated he was going to clean everything up and get people taken care of. It appears he still hasn't taken care of business.

Some of the people posting in the past thread claimed they were still trying to get wood from the mid-summer months.
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
Really sorry to hear about what happened. It looks like you joined woodnet right around the time you placed your order. I hope this wasn't your first experience doing business with a woodnet member. It certainly is not representative of the vast majority of the folks here.
''How can we ever hope to understand atoms?'' Heisenberg had lamented that day.

''I think we may yet be able to do so,'' Bohr replied. ''But in the process we may have to learn what the word 'understanding' really means.''
When his mill was going, he did deliver, sometimes a bit inconsistent on exactly what you got, but a lot of the stock was good with nice color.

I arranged through here to have a load delivered to a buddy - of 8/4, and it's short of that by a fair amount, so the guy has expensive 6/4 , 7/4 that will be tough to resaw into 4/4 stock, but he didn't want to make a big deal out of it, so we never said anything.

Seemed like a hell of a nice guy and he delivered it super pronto (next day), and it sounds like I can leak that bit about our experience without worrying about unduly hurting his business.

Never know what his real circumstances are, but it looks like they're not leading to good things for people who bought recently.
That's too bad. I had gotten a couple of orders from him and was planning on ordering again. Guess not, at least for now.
See ya later,
Bill
I remember that post and thought WTF?! Was it his way of saying he was armed! DOH...

To the OP, sorry about the experiance...I've had only positive buying experiances with WN'ers...but the Alert/Warning is good.. sigh
I ordered from Mike last summer and it went real well. I ordered again this past Nov for some custom milling - talked on the phone and sent in the email of what I wanted. Wanted delivery this month, but I can't get a response from him. Fortunately, I did not pay up front, so I'm not stuck, but really would have liked to have that order.
Jonny Rocket said:

it looks like he hasn't posted since mid '08.

Probably an oddity of the search function. Threads in swap and sell expire thirty days after last post (off topic is 7 days) posts in expired threads don't show up.

As one of the other gents noted, there was significant discussion in the swap and sell recently.
“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”

- Winnie the Pooh, as relayed through Author A. A. Milne
In the last couple of weeks, I thought I seen him on a PBS show with Norm. I don't think it was New yankee but one of the Old House episodes. They were in the woods milling lumber for a house. Don't know if it was a rerun and how old it was.

Just a comment.

RCR