Restoring an Old Drill Press
Bump to find this in the Power Tools Index.
Bill
Know, think, choose, do -- Ender's Shadow
Not as challenging, this rusted out old 1954 drill press was going into the trash if it wasn't sold, I hate to see old machines die, so I restored it. I did have to turn new bushings for it.

[Image: darra%20press%20final%20003_zpsi2moe9zb.jpg]

Where did all of the pictures go? I was about to tear down my old drill press this winter and use your thread as my guide!
Ack!  My webhost did a big server migration this fall, and I was directed to reset my DNS afterwards.  I thought it was working, but apparently not.  I'll look at it again and try to get it back up.  Sorry.
Bill
It sucks when all your photos disappear and all you will get out of the ISP is Oops...

I looked way up in the thread and stuff I had in Picasa is still there, but now there is no convenient way of creating new links or hosting new photos to share on the web.   I'm probably like a bunch of folks that would like to find some easy way of sharing all those shots without trying to either migrate somewhere else.   Oh well.  Still a good thread.
What a bummer! Not trying to make extra work for you. This was just by far the most thorough write up that I have seen on a drill press restoration
(12-15-2016, 10:42 AM)LukeR Wrote: What a bummer! Not trying to make extra work for you. This was just by far the most thorough write up that I have seen on a drill press restoration

This thread has a lot of useful information.

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showt...p?t=248985
Thanks, no worries.  I'll get it resolved, just may take a few days.  We thought we had it last night, but apparently not yet.
Bill
(12-15-2016, 11:17 AM)Lynden Wrote: This thread has a lot of useful information.

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showt...p?t=248985

Thanks Lynden, that was a great thread; I had never been on that site before.  I've read a lot of information on DP220 restorations, but I had never seen the homemade tool used in that thread to remove the nameplate drive screws from a blind spot such as the head casting, (part #DP220).  Thanks.

- mike
- Mike
Bump.  I think I may have finally sorted out the server issues for my photo hosting.  I can at least see most of the photos in this thread again.  If others can confirm availability or still having problems, please let me know.  Thanks.
Bill