Restoring an Old Electrical Motor
You can pack grease into the bearings hole filling the end cap, then take a round shaft a little smaller than the bearings bore and hit it with a hammer. The hydraulic pressure will drive the bearing out.

[Image: motor31_endbell14.JPG]
Welcome Matt.  I don't have that machine any longer, and I don't have any more photos of it.  Sorry, hope you're able to work it out.

FYI, the label on the badge is typically just the maker of the drill press.  The manufacturer of that style motor was Kingston-Conley, which you may come across once in a while under its own label.  But they were rebadged for a lot of different machine manufacturers.
Bill
Know, think, choose, do -- Ender's Shadow
(11-28-2016, 06:46 AM)Mattwyers Wrote: It looks like a Mallory starting capacitor, CAP MFD 341-412. I think that's enough to get me started.

That's what my 1/2 HP Walker-Turner 'Driver Line' motor on my small jointer has.  Same motor (K-C). 

http://i65.tinypic.com/334suau.jpg
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
Thanks for the quick replies. My plan is much less ambitious than yours. I'm just going to clean out all the dirt, replace the bearings, clean the contacts, change the capacitor, and get it running again. This thread is great. Thanks for taking the time to document your restoration Skizzo.
It was covered in grime and dirt when i got it. Cleaned it up a bit. Now its all pulled apart and waiting for parts. Seems I'm always waiting for parts.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5KUNvh...p=drivesdk
Bump to see if others can finally see the photos in this thread again after working to resolve photo hosting problems.
Bill
yea..
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

TTT
Actually I know somebody that's about to start this process I wanted to make sure this was available
Buck

Business Meetings - None of us is as dumb as all of us.
Good day sir
The drill press restoration thread is excellent.
I want to ask if the pictures for this motor restoration thread is available. I am restoring a similar motor now and it will be very helpful to see these pictures.
Warmest Regards
Theo
(07-01-2019, 09:12 AM)Theo Van Niekerk Wrote: Good day sir
The drill press restoration thread is excellent.
I want to ask if the pictures for this motor restoration thread is available. I am restoring a similar motor now and it will be very helpful to see these pictures.
Warmest Regards
Theo

Some time ago, I dropped my subscription to the server where those photos were hosted, so they are not available in this and the accompanying drill press threads here.  I do have them stored on my computer, without all the dialog from the discussions, and can email them to you in a zipped file.  Please contact me via either PM or the forum email with your email address and I should be able to send them to you.
Bill