Step by step Rosewood tote repair (lots of Pics!)
bump
See ya around,
Dominic
------------------------------
Don't you love it when you ask someone what time it is and to prove how smart they are, they tell you how to build a watch?
Nicely Done!
Take care,
Jim

www.jimshaver.com
Hi Daryl,

I'll speak for myself here but others might be able to relate.

I find myself at times being impatient when I do a repair. Sometimes my impatience leaves a repair not as good as I know I'm capable of doing and I've totally redone the repair.

As the old saying goes, "not enough time spent to do it right the first time but always enough time to do it over".

I find that I have to apply a concerted effort to slow down and be more methodical with my repairs.
Catchalater,
Marv

I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better.”
― Maya Angelou

I'm working toward my PHD.  (Projects Half Done)
Beautiful job on these repairs Dom, and very nice presentation with the pictures - thanks!

Doug
bump

Hold it! Is it Kosher to bump your own thread? Or is it considered conceited?

I just didn't want all this work to go to waste!
See ya around,
Dominic
Don't you love it when you ask someone what time it is and to prove how smart they are, they tell you how to build a watch?
Dom, thanks for the great DIY tutorial on tote fixing.

Martin S. said:

But I really wish that good threads, like this one, lived forever. I don't always get a chance to review my "favorite threads" before they disappear into vapor. Heck, I'd even pay $6, if they'd make the threads last forever!

Martin (from a year-and-a-half ago) or others who don't know, You don't need to depend on Woodnet to hold threads for you.

You can save threads to your computer hard drive. Here's how. I happen to use Mozilla Firefox browser, but the steps are much the same in Internet Explorer. I have several folders organizing several gigabytes of Woodnet saved threads, along with other internet woodwork pages, into categories like Hand Tools info, Sharpening, Joints & Joinery, Assembly-Gluing-Clamping, etc.

1. Open thread in "All" or "Show All" mode (if there is more than one page) so you get the whole thread saved.

2. From browser File menu, choose Save Page As...

3. In the resulting pop-up window, navigate to whichever folder you want to save the thread into. You can create new folders if you want to make a separate Woodnet threads archive and not use already-created folders.

4. In the pop-up window's File Name field type in the name you'd like the saved thread file to have. Make it a name that will tell you at a future glance what the thread is about.

The file extension (the 3-letter part after the period) of the file name should be "htm". The htm file extension identifies the saved thread so your browser will recognize it and know how to display it on your computer.

5. Be sure that the pop-up window's Save As Type... field shows "Web Page, complete". The "complete" saves everything -- text & pictures -- to your hard drive. If the save function type is "Web Page, HTML only" or is "Text" or something else, parts of the thread may not get saved to your hard drive and not be available when you look at the thread in the future.

6. Click on the Save or OK button to finish the save process.

Hope that helps.
"For true creativity, we have to think beyond our tools." - MsNomer -
"Measuring is the enemy of precision." - Chris Schwarz on story sticks -
"only one opinion counts, the one that pays." - daveferg -
Geez, is been almost a year already since the last bump!

Bump!
See ya around,
Dominic
nice thread. I really should try this. Any complex project for me requires at least a few repairs along the way, it's part of the territory. There was once a Gibson custom shop ad where one of the workers was obviously repairing a brand new guitar. I wish I saved that pic.
bump
See ya around,
Dominic
Thanks, forgot to mark this one.