Blanket Chest, sort of......
Ya gotta love Walnut burl! Awesome piece.
Stupid is forever, ignorant can be transitory.
BacsiBob said:

[blockquote]iclark said:

Wow! That is a piece of art.

+1

Now that you mention it, I see an owl. And to superglide, fantastic piece of art/furniture. Ken
Does anybody else see the eagle/hawk/owl in the top??

[/blockquote]
WOW! I have heard people say "let the wood talk to you". Now that is the best example I have seen. You have produced a real piece of art.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Great looking piece alot of thought and planning is very evident. Relying on the wood to create the design so to speak. Very cool!
Tim
Spectacular piece of woork!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Now that is so cool

Well done and an extra star for you for having the vision to pull this one off
Greg

It's better to burn out than it is to rust

Danchris Nursery
Beautiful use of an extraordinary slab. The grain match of the sapwood edges around the corners is awesome. All of this set off and "lifted" by a wonderfully designed base.

This is great work!

Can you explain this statement further?

Superglide said:

The interior is boxed in so the openings do not access the inside of the box.

John

Chisel And Bit
Custom Crafted Furniture
john626fry@gmail.com

i agree it is a real work of art not to many would thing of leaving the defects but after seeing this we will be wishing that we did agian this is gorgious good work
Thanks for all the kind replies. Not sure where the inspiration came from. Wife said it was my shop beer fridge.....
The "Holes" are partitioned off with 3/8" walnut boards inside. Can't really be seen outside, but when I finish the inside of the box I'll post some pics.
The base is not attached yet, as I wasn't sure if I really liked it, but I think it will do.
Gunners Mate, 1st Class, A long time ago...
Man, oh, man....that is one gorgeous blanket chest, very well done, I love it!

-jason