Martin S. said:

Bump

2012, you've been bouncing this one a while

Nice save Martin
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
It's about 40 to 45 pounds in weight.
Aliens haven't contacted Earth because there's no sign of intelligence here
That is a beautiful Canoe. Although I paddle kayaks myself, I can certainly appreciate the beauty of the wooden Canoes. A friend from work built a wooden Yak... his took him two years and was just gorgeous. When he was done, his young daughter walked in and said, "I want one too."

He swept off the bench, neatened up the work area, and got started.
SHE wanted a compass rose inlaid on the deck.
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
OK, I think all the pictures have been fixed after the Photobucket disaster
That is a gorgeous Canoe!
Very nice Gary.  On my bucket list, but right now I'm fixing all the cold cracks on my MadRiver roylex canoe.  Looks like the  design of the boat is a good all around use.  Do you mainly use it on rivers or lake?

If you hear banjos paddle faster

Mike
Well done Gary.  I see you had a hitch hiker on the first voyage out.
Yes

My wife wants me to make one and I do not know why since I can not sit in them, but her and her brother go out with the grandkids all the time.

Is it hard to make or just time consuming?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Time consuming but you'll learn new hand tools and techniques. It took a year to build and many hours
I built Ted Moore's Nomad, '17 prospector, with less hollows. It took three winters. I used yellow cedar and cherry. My buddy and his wife split so he had to sell the house. It took him under three months to do a '16 prospector.
A man of foolish pursuits