Cedar Strip Canoe completed
Humanbackhoe said:

why use pine for the football?

Andrew

I wanted a wood to contrast with the cedar for the football and found a pine board that I really liked the color of. So basically it had to contrast and be a softwood and I found a board that fit the criteria.
Aliens haven't contacted Earth because there's no sign of intelligence here
Boatman53 said:

Very nice job. Be sure to varnish it every year

Exterior and wood trim have 5 coats of Epifanes Clear Gloss Varnish and the inside has 3 coats. I'm planning on adding 2 more coats to the outside and one more inside at the end of the season.
That is so much of a cooler reason then the expansion/contraction arena I was thinking of

Andrew
"That's like getting a running start and diving headfirst into the vortex."

Steve Freidman 4/21/2013
Super nice looking canoe. I would be afraid I'd run it up on a big rock the first time I took it out.
Owner looks pleased.
Here are pictures of the bulkhead.  I did it this way so the entire Beckson unit could be replaced if needed.

Very Nice!!

How many neighbors did you get to know

I need to do a canoe....they are cooler looking than the kayaks I build.
JB

"Give me an army of West Point graduates, I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war!"
--Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

I have looked at this post several times - love the canoe. Beautifully done, great work.
32ojdidit said:

Very Nice!!

How many neighbors did you get to know

I don't know for sure but it was a lot. People stopped driving by, road dept workers, mailman, UPS guys and people biking too. Even our preacher and grocery checker stopped by. "Build a boat, meet your neighbors"
Very nice looking canoe, great job !

Steve
Beaytuful! PS- glad u r wearing PFD's