How to polish a saw plate
Toby,

Not just any green...............John Deere Green!!
Catchalater,
Marv

I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better.”
― Maya Angelou

I'm working toward my PHD.  (Projects Half Done)
MarvW said:

Not just any green...............John Deere Green!!

Can't believe how much mileage you've gotten out of painting one handle!

Marv's post reminded me of a caution. As I was using Christian's technique to shine a few saw plates last night, I forgot that some of them had just come back from Marv. I guess I got too close to the teeth because suddenly the saw was covered with more blood than Autosol. I think it just adds some flavor.

Steve
My High School Shop class had one rule " Don't Bleed on the Tools, it will make them rust" Per Mr. Hienz and Mr. Lentz.
Tim
I was pondering a saw at a flea market a few weeks ago and it slipped every so slightly from my hand. I reached out with my left hand to stabilize it, and left quite a bit of my flesh on the teeth. Given that it could have been viewed as a biohazard, I had to buy the saw. I offered him a bloody dollar bill, which he accepted provided that I leave and clean up my hand

Lesson here is that sometimes(and I mean rarely) blood on a saw (in this case a D-8) can lead to a good deal.
Tools that are no good require greater skill.
Steve,

Toby made me do it....
Catchalater,
Marv

― Maya Angelou

Hey Marv,

Why are the slots on the left side?

You may have been asked this before...humor me.

Toby
Toby,

What slots?
Catchalater,
Marv

― Maya Angelou

Marv - I believe Toby is referring to the fact that it looks like the screw slots are showing on the same side as the medallion in your photo.
MarvW said:

Toby,

What slots?

Screw slots. (Actually it's the nuts.)
I just give a shot to Aluminium foil-polish combination, and it look nice.
I also did another side of saw with same polish (festool 6000 grit) and medium hard felt pad on festo rotex.
I can't see the difference.

Is there any reason why not to use power polisher?